Author Topic: error injesting from Lexar 2GB 133x CF  (Read 3439 times)

Offline eunger

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
error injesting from Lexar 2GB 133x CF
« on: January 15, 2007, 07:49:51 PM »
Trying to injest Nikon NEF files from Lexar 2GB 133x CF card results in many errors. I am able to injest the files with Adobe Bridge without difficulty. I am able to open the files as a contact sheet directly from the CF card without problem with PM, however trying to injest results in many errors or only a few files injested. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
E. Unger

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: error injesting from Lexar 2GB 133x CF
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 08:39:52 PM »
Trying to injest Nikon NEF files from Lexar 2GB 133x CF card results in many errors. I am able to injest the files with Adobe Bridge without difficulty. I am able to open the files as a contact sheet directly from the CF card without problem with PM, however trying to injest results in many errors or only a few files injested. Any suggestions?

What OS are you running?
What version of Photo Mechanic are you running?

-Kirk

Offline eunger

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 08:14:15 AM »
I am running PhotoMechanic ver. 4.4.3.3 with Windows XP. Interestingly, if I go to the folder level on the CF card, there is no problem. I don't think I made it clear in my initial message that this is an occasional problem and doesn't happen every time. I had zero problems with Lexar 80x card. Perhaps the Write Acceleration Technology or the speed has something to do with it. I found out that the 133x card is not compatible with my Epson P 2000, just a thought.
Thanks,
E. Unger

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 08:25:46 AM »
I am running PhotoMechanic ver. 4.4.3.3 with Windows XP. Interestingly, if I go to the folder level on the CF card, there is no problem. I don't think I made it clear in my initial message that this is an occasional problem and doesn't happen every time. I had zero problems with Lexar 80x card. Perhaps the Write Acceleration Technology or the speed has something to do with it. I found out that the 133x card is not compatible with my Epson P 2000, just a thought.

During the times that Ingest has a problem with the files, can you turn around and copy the same files with Windows Explorer with no trouble?

Photo Mechanic uses basic operating system services for file input and output and really doesn't do anything that programs like Windows Explorer would do in order to copy the files.  If the OS returns an error during the copy then we report an error.

-Kirk