Author Topic: Apply IPTC Infor to Multiple Images  (Read 4412 times)

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
Apply IPTC Infor to Multiple Images
« on: July 13, 2014, 04:24:45 PM »
PM 5 build 15800 in OSX 10.9.4

With this new build, I cannot apply the IPTC Info to the selected images as I could before. Did something change?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Apply IPTC Infor to Multiple Images
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 06:00:16 PM »
Mick,

PM 5 build 15800 in OSX 10.9.4

With this new build, I cannot apply the IPTC Info to the selected images as I could before. Did something change?

I just tested it and it works fine for me on a variety of image types.  Do you have the fields you wish to apply set to be applied?

-Kirk

Offline photodyki

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 05:59:11 AM »
I too am unable to attach my caption information to my images.  When I try and do this, I get a quick image of the information being attached to the images, both RAW and JPEG but when I open the images, the IPTC site is blank.  In the older version of Photo Mechanic, I was able to attach this information easily.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 08:26:21 AM »
I too am unable to attach my caption information to my images.  When I try and do this, I get a quick image of the information being attached to the images, both RAW and JPEG but when I open the images, the IPTC site is blank.  In the older version of Photo Mechanic, I was able to attach this information easily.

Are you editing on your camera card?  If so, you need to enable writing to the card.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Files_Preferences

Allow modification of files on Camera Disks ( not recommended ! ): By default, Photo Mechanic will not make any changes to files on a memory device so that if anything ever goes wrong, you'll still have your original untouched files. If you're really, really sure you want to turn off this protection, you can.

If this is not your problem, then please explain more about the type of images you're trying to caption, where they're stored, and what version (and build number) of Photo Mechanic that you're using.

-Kirk