Author Topic: Apply and export a crop  (Read 4878 times)

Offline bigrob

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Apply and export a crop
« on: July 15, 2014, 11:23:29 AM »
Hi all

Apologies for this daft question.

I normally import in to Lightroom, crop and edit and export to a watched folder in PM.

I am thinking about changing. So import in to PM, crop and caption. Then export and import in to LR.

I can see how I draw the crop box, but how do I apply the crop so that I can export the photo?

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Apply and export a crop
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 11:54:37 AM »
Apologies for this daft question.

I normally import in to Lightroom, crop and edit and export to a watched folder in PM.

I am thinking about changing. So import in to PM, crop and caption. Then export and import in to LR.

I can see how I draw the crop box, but how do I apply the crop so that I can export the photo?

Use the "Save Photos as..." command on the File menu.  Set the Cropping: Apply checkbox.  Output in the format you like.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Save_As

-Kirk

Offline bigrob

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 01:06:30 AM »
Thanks Kirk, that is much appreciated.

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 09:59:24 AM »
I don't use Lightroom, just Adobe Camera Raw, but shouldn't Lightroom see the crop made in PM when you import the photos into it from PM? At least if you use the correct settings for metadata, Adobe products should (and Camera Raw definitely does) see the crop made in PM automatically. That's one of the strengths of PM, I find I can do the cropping inside it very quickly, and when toning the photographs in Adobe Camera Raw, I already see the cropped photo.

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 06:13:46 PM »
I don't use Lightroom, just Adobe Camera Raw, but shouldn't Lightroom see the crop made in PM when you import the photos into it from PM? At least if you use the correct settings for metadata, Adobe products should (and Camera Raw definitely does) see the crop made in PM automatically. That's one of the strengths of PM, I find I can do the cropping inside it very quickly, and when toning the photographs in Adobe Camera Raw, I already see the cropped photo.

That is exactly what happens. When cropping in PM, you can see the cropped picture in LR (but you have to "synchronize" the folder before in LR). If you do the opposite, i.e. crop in LR, you will see the crop in PM immediately (no syncronizing is necessary in PM).
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi