Author Topic: Gmail from PM  (Read 13588 times)

Offline patrickhamilton

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Gmail from PM
« on: July 18, 2014, 10:51:58 PM »
Hi , Is there any way to email pix directly from PM using gmail ? I know I can manually open a gmail message and drag/attach pix to each email address/client , but I have about 6 different clients that want to see early pix sent directly to there email addresses , and trying to do this at very tight deadlines is a struggle .I would have thought there would be provision for gmail - it IS after all just the worlds largest email service - why isn't there provision (?) Is it a possibility in future ? I really hope so as this is begging to be fixed and I can't understand why..... Do people still use Entourage and Eudora ? Thanks in advanced Patrick H
Patrick Hamilton I Photographer I shoephone +61(0)419 683 900 I skype patrickghamilton I www.patrickhamilton.com.au I patrick@patrickhamilton.com.au

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Gmail from PM
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 11:12:40 PM »
If you read your gmail mail in a normal mail application that is supported by PM then it will just work fine. If on the other hand you read your gmail mail in a webbrowser there is no way for PM to interact with it. The solution would then be to add your gmail account to your mail client.

Cheers,
Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline patrickhamilton

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 12:31:36 AM »
Thanks Hayo ..... Would you mind sending me more specfic info on your solution ? Thanks again mate
Patrick Hamilton I Photographer I shoephone +61(0)419 683 900 I skype patrickghamilton I www.patrickhamilton.com.au I patrick@patrickhamilton.com.au

Offline judophotos

• View Profile
    • Judophotos
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 03:44:47 AM »
I was having the same difficulty with emailing pictures with Gmail but I picked up a solution from an earlier thread and that was to use  Affixa.

Go here http://www.affixa.com/  install it and it will resolve the problem with Gmail perfectly.
David
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 07:54:28 AM by judophotos »

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 07:42:18 AM »
Thanks Hayo ..... Would you mind sending me more specfic info on your solution ? Thanks again mate

What specific details are you looking for and what system are you on?

If you're on a Mac, OS X's own Mail is a supported mail client. On windows at least Outlook should be supported.
How to add your gmail account to your mail client, depends on the client in question. For Apple's Mail, it is super easy, but for others it may be more difficult.

The list of mail clients you can choose in PM contains: Entourage, Eudora, Mail, Mailsmith, Powermail, Outlook.
For more information on sending mail from PM, have a look at the manual.

Hope this helps,
Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography

Offline William R Wood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 03:49:16 PM »
I was having the same difficulty with emailing pictures with Gmail but I picked up a solution from an earlier thread and that was to use  Affixa.

Go here http://www.affixa.com/  install it and it will resolve the problem with Gmail perfectly.
David

David,

Thanks!
Affixa really works. I can now email images directly from PM via Gmail in a webbrowser (which I use exclusively and is vastly superior to any mail client).

Regards
Bill Wood
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 01:46:33 PM by William R Wood »

Offline patrickhamilton

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 02:58:18 AM »
Hi Bill,

Thanks . How do I intergrate Affixa to email using GMail on a Mac ? It seems it is only a PC  solution- Is this possible ? Can any one offer an easy to understand solution to being able to email pictures to multiple client addresses via Gmail/Chrome on a MAC .....?

Thank you in advance .
sláinte mhaith
Patrick 

Offline patrickhamilton

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 03:21:01 AM »
I have tried to sent via Mac Mail program , which I never use .... as I said earlier , all of my email is via gmail , and all email enquiries from both of my websites are all via gmail , as well .

Maybe because I don't use Mail , I'm not sure how to configure to be able to send from PM . If anyone has the specific info .... I'm all ears and will be very thankful .

This is the message I get when I send a test via Mail .......

I know I may be missing something , but why is it not possible to send directly from PM via Gmail ?

Again thanks in advance

Patrick H

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 04:04:52 AM »
This is a message you will get whenever a new version of Mail has been installed that requires updating the internal mail database. Once it's done (shouldn't take too long), you should be able to use Mail again.
Hayo Baan - Photography

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 06:32:35 AM »
Patrick,

I know I may be missing something , but why is it not possible to send directly from PM via Gmail ?

Gmail is a service, not an email application.  Photo Mechanic can only control email applications that have the requisite AppleScript capability.  Since Gmail is not an application, PM cannot control Gmail and have it send emails with photo attachments on your behalf.

-Kirk

Offline patrickhamilton

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 04:50:38 PM »
Thanks for that Kirk ..... So how do I send pictures using gmail  or is that not possible . How do other Gmail users solve this problem. Is my only option to send pictures using Mail  and if so how does this need to be set up ? Can you please offer me any specific  settings - I seem to be going around in circles trying to get a solution .

Again thanks in advance .

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 05:30:17 PM »
Patrick,

Thanks for that Kirk ..... So how do I send pictures using gmail  or is that not possible . How do other Gmail users solve this problem. Is my only option to send pictures using Mail  and if so how does this need to be set up ? Can you please offer me any specific  settings - I seem to be going around in circles trying to get a solution .

Again thanks in advance .

Set up Mail to access your Gmail account. http://www.macworld.com/article/2033842/make-mail-and-gmail-play-nice.html

Once it is setup, Mail should be able to send emails through the Gmail service.

-Kirk

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 05:20:22 PM »
Hi,
I have been using Mail to access my gmail account for many years now and it is really perfect. You can set it up to mirror your gmail account (if you access your gmail account from a phone/ipad/etc.) or you can have your messages automatically deleted from gmail once you have received them with Mail.
It works perfectly with PM.
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi