Author Topic: Find feature defaults to "any" when more than three common terms are used  (Read 1323 times)

Offline tj

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
OSX 10.9
PM 5.0 build 15800
We are still trying to pinpoint this problem, but when using "Find" for photos using keywords, that if the assigned keyword terms for individual photos have more than 3 words that are the same then all keywords with any of those terms are selected by "Find".

For instance, performing a Find for "Sporting events with people wearing purple uniforms" will select that keyword string, but also "Sporting events without people wearing purple uniforms" as well as "Sporting events with people who are naked" and "Sporting events with purple gatorade".
The search feature works flawlessly and that is our preference because of the search for "exact" words and the precision.

My concern is for the "Find and replace" feature. For example, if I want to replace my keyword assignment of "...people who are naked" with "...people who are nude", is it going to replace everything with "Sporting events with" to the replaced keyword terms "...nude"? So, purple gatorade is now misnamed?
Our workaround is to use the Search feature first to isolate photos, then do the find and replace from that new contact sheet.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
So to reproduce this problem, I need to put the following strings in several photos:

Sporting events with people wearing purple uniforms
or
Sporting events without people wearing purple uniforms
or
Sporting events with people who are naked
or
Sporting events with purple gatorade

(Into which field)?

and then I need to do a Find with "All of the words" and enter "Sporting events with people wearing purple uniforms"

Is that correct?

-Kirk