Author Topic: Warning: Photo Mechanic crashes on OS X Yosemite 10.10  (Read 81927 times)

Offline Mika

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Warning: Photo Mechanic crashes on OS X Yosemite 10.10
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2014, 01:59:21 PM »
Kirk,

I experienced the same again after certain procedure: sleep - detach external display - wake up - use PM (browsing the open tabs works fine, new tabs "blank" as in Matthew's screen shot).

PM5_01 sample is taken right when I opened a new tab (existing image folder) and PM5_02 sample is after trying to close the "blank" tab. I hope this helps you out a bit.
I didn't mail them any info about this problem yet but will do if needed.

- Mika

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Veusy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2014, 05:12:57 AM »
Hello,

I have the same issue since the upgrade to Yosemite. Often I get the beachball and the previews in the contact sheet window are not loding.  Only thing to do is a force stop !

best regards,
Hans

« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:28:19 AM by Veusy »

Offline Fusco88

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2014, 06:02:49 PM »
New crash issue in addition to the crashes when left idle and all listed, I just crashed again, but this time lost all my tags and now have to go back and find each file and re tag. Having all the issues as before , now this is a new one. I just did the 10.10.1 update. OS 10.10 has been nothing more than a headache on the mini, the odd thing tho it runs fine on my MB Air as does PM 5.  Must be a Mac mini 2012 thing.  This was a fresh OS install on the mini, an upgrade OS instal on the Air. Kirk, Can I DL PM  5 and try a re install ? So odd.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2014, 06:09:41 PM »
New crash issue in addition to the crashes when left idle and all listed, I just crashed again, but this time lost all my tags and now have to go back and find each file and re tag. Having all the issues as before , now this is a new one. I just did the 10.10.1 update. OS 10.10 has been nothing more than a headache on the mini, the odd thing tho it runs fine on my MB Air as does PM 5.  Must be a Mac mini 2012 thing.  This was a fresh OS install on the mini, an upgrade OS instal on the Air. Kirk, Can I DL PM  5 and try a re install ? So odd.
Sure, you can always download the latest version from our website:

http://www.camerabits.com/downloads/

-Kirk

Offline Jack Haijes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2014, 01:51:50 AM »
Hello Kirk, is the problem by apple yosemite or by PM5. I didm´t try to upgrade to yosemite because its for my very important that i can work wenn i am have i photo-session. Are you in Kontakt with apple that the problem could be solved

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2014, 05:30:23 AM »
Jack,

Hello Kirk, is the problem by apple yosemite or by PM5. I didm´t try to upgrade to yosemite because its for my very important that i can work wenn i am have i photo-session. Are you in Kontakt with apple that the problem could be solved

The problem appears to be on Apple's end, but I think I have a workaround for the next build of PM 5 that will solve the problem.

As for upgrading to a new OS as soon as it comes out, I never suggest that it is a good idea to do so.  I suggest waiting for at least a couple of updates and checking around on the internet for problems people are reporting before one should upgrade.

-Kirk

Offline Fusco88

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2014, 06:38:46 AM »
Hi Kirk

Will the previous version run on 10.10.1 ?  I agree about the early update , never did that before , never do it again.. but what's done is done, 

I may just do a time machine back up to Mavericks, but that will not happen for a few days.

Just some more info for you, I left a contact shoot open last night with color tags.  This morning I found it to be crashed and after I forced quit and rebooted, all the tags were gone,

Reinstall of the Software did not help either.

My work around is to quit PM when I am done and not to leave it idle.

Again, just some more info for you, no worries and thanx for the attention to the forum. Best support in town,

Offline Jack Haijes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2014, 12:13:44 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Thank you, I will wait with the Upgrade to Yosemite. I hope Apple will solve the problem.

Jack

Offline Matthew J. Wagner

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2014, 08:26:01 AM »
I think I have a clue as to what is happening here.

When I leave my monitor on and it just goes to sleep, PM5 has no issues.  When I turn off my monitor, leave for the day, return the next morning, turn the monitor on:  that's when I see the pinwheeling on PM5.  I have a DELL U2711 attached via Thunderbolt, daisy chained through a Drobo 5D.  The monitor is at the end of the line (obviously).

Also, when I turn my monitor back on, the size of the PM5 window is smaller.  I usually run the app window so that is uses the entire screen.

Hope this helps.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2015, 08:24:16 PM »
Everyone,

Please try this build:

http://www.camerabits.com/download/PhotoMechanic5R16231.dmg

It addresses issues in Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite).  Please let me know if it works well on your systems.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2015, 12:50:05 PM »
One thing!

I select Photoshop 2014 as the default program to edit files but if I use CMD + E it does not open in Photoshop. Nothing happens.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2015, 01:06:29 PM »
Hilmar,

One thing!

I select Photoshop 2014 as the default program to edit files but if I use CMD + E it does not open in Photoshop. Nothing happens.

I changed nothing in regards to how applications are launched in this build of PM 5.  Make sure that the application you've chosen is the actual Photoshop application and not some launcher or alias for Photoshop.

-Kirk

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2015, 01:24:02 PM »
It is.

I link it directly. It "lights up" the menu but does not open. Started after I upgraded to CC.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2015, 01:47:38 PM »
Hilmar,

What happens if you "Let the Finder" open files?
Does drag and drop from PM open images in your new Photoshop?

I don't have that version of Photoshop myself so I can't test the issue.

I'd still like to know if this new build is more stable on your Mac OS X 10.10 system beyond this launching issue.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2015, 01:55:49 PM »
Same thing. Nothing happens.

Build looks good and works, no problems yet.