Author Topic: Warning: Photo Mechanic crashes on OS X Yosemite 10.10  (Read 81726 times)

Offline mize

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Todd Mizener - Photojournalist
Re: Warning: Photo Mechanic crashes on OS X Yosemite 10.10
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2015, 08:29:36 PM »
Yes I know it doesn't have an installer. My point was if I wanted to remove all traces of Photo Mechanic from the machine - should I deactivate it first before I do so? And then I would download and drag and drop PM into the Applications folder and then reactivate PM. There has to be some difference between the two machines. Since the machine on which I installed PM most recently doesn't exhibit the bouncy icons I thought a complete "reboot" for lack of a better term, might eliminate the problem.

In the end all it bought me was a machine without an active seat since the deactivation isn't registering on your server and every time I try to reactive it tells me that I already have 3 seats active.
Todd Mizener
Dir of Photography/Multimedia
Dispatch/Argus

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2015, 08:43:27 PM »
Yes I know it doesn't have an installer. My point was if I wanted to remove all traces of Photo Mechanic from the machine - should I deactivate it first before I do so? And then I would download and drag and drop PM into the Applications folder and then reactivate PM. There has to be some difference between the two machines. Since the machine on which I installed PM most recently doesn't exhibit the bouncy icons I thought a complete "reboot" for lack of a better term, might eliminate the problem.

In the end all it bought me was a machine without an active seat since the deactivation isn't registering on your server and every time I try to reactive it tells me that I already have 3 seats active.

To remove all traces of PM on a system would require deactivating, removing preferences, the Browse with Photo Mechanic service (if you added it), and the Photo Mechanic application itself.

When you deactivated, did PM acknowledge the deactivation and then quit, or did it fail?  Are you still able to launch Photo Mechanic successfully on that system?

I don't think that the process you're going through will make any difference though.  There is no preference or other setting that PM uses that would cause an icon to appear on the dock when PM executes the Video Render helper.

I would suspect differences in the OS version/updates on the different systems as the problem.  Make sure that the system that exhibits the problem is completely up to date on its system updates.

-Kirk

Offline mize

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2015, 09:08:03 PM »
The deactivation seemed to go as designed. Afterward I deleted all traces of the application and downloaded the latest version of PM. I am unable to fire up the application. When I enter serial, etc. the registration/activation server rejects the data and says I am exceeding my 3 activations. So I am dead in the water. As for the system differences between the two machines I can't find any but that doesn't mean there aren't any. Both machine are up to date and running the same OS and virtually all the same applications.
As instructed I contacted sales@camerabits.com to report the issue and I am waiting on a response.

I appreciate your help on this.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 09:10:54 PM by mize »
Todd Mizener
Dispatch/Argus

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2015, 09:52:16 PM »
The deactivation seemed to go as designed. Afterward I deleted all traces of the application and downloaded the latest version of PM. I am unable to fire up the application. When I enter serial, etc. the registration/activation server rejects the data and says I am exceeding my 3 activations. So I am dead in the water. As for the system differences between the two machines I can't find any but that doesn't mean there aren't any. Both machine are up to date and running the same OS and virtually all the same applications.
As instructed I contacted sales@camerabits.com to report the issue and I am waiting on a response.

I appreciate your help on this.

In the meantime, you should be able to start a Trial version to get PM up and running on that system again.

-Kirk

Offline mize

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2015, 08:06:53 AM »
Yeah I thought the same thing but I guess my uninstall must of missed a key file buried someplace which is preventing me from using it as a Trial Version.
Todd Mizener
Dispatch/Argus

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2015, 08:14:46 AM »
Yeah I thought the same thing but I guess my uninstall must of missed a key file buried someplace which is preventing me from using it as a Trial Version.

If you've run a Trial version on that computer before, you can't run one again.

-Kirk

Offline mize

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2015, 08:41:16 AM »
That would be the problem, I ran PM 5 as a trial before upgrading my 4 to 5. I am patiently waiting to hear back from sales. - Thanks
Todd Mizener
Dispatch/Argus