Author Topic: Show existing keywords in Structured Keywords Panel  (Read 4494 times)

Offline Ethan Welty

• View Profile
    • Ethan Welty Photography
Show existing keywords in Structured Keywords Panel
« on: July 28, 2014, 01:53:26 PM »
The Structured Keywords Panel should show the keywords of the currently selected image, and the keywords common to all images if more than one image are selected. This would make the Structured Keywords Panel all-purpose, and make me a very efficient keyworder.

thanks!
ethan

Offline robert s.

• View Profile
Re: Show existing keywords in Structured Keywords Panel
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 02:15:06 PM »
+1

this is a feature which will make me happy too :)

Another idea:
Before PM I used JPhotoTagger. In this programm you can show the Keywords over the thumbnails in the Contactsheet. Maybe this would be a useful feature to have a fast overview which photos have been tagged and which Keywords where used.

I attached a little screenshot to this post.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 02:45:02 PM by robert s. »
Greetings from Germany,
Robert

Hope is not the conviction that something wil turn out well,
but the cercainty, that someting makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 04:37:37 PM »
Ethan,

The Structured Keywords Panel should show the keywords of the currently selected image, and the keywords common to all images if more than one image are selected. This would make the Structured Keywords Panel all-purpose, and make me a very efficient keyworder.

Where should it show them?  How would it depict keywords common to all images selected and what would it do with the unique keywords?

-Kirk

Offline Ethan Welty

• View Profile
    • Ethan Welty Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 05:43:52 PM »
Where should it show them?  How would it depict keywords common to all images selected and what would it do with the unique keywords?

Perhaps put this "Assigned" field immediately below the "Collection" field? And expandable so displaying it is optional. Presumably one selects multiple images to curate keywords common to all images, so the list should only include keywords present in all selected images. That way, even if you have already assigned keywords to some of the selected images, you can see that it is missing from others in the selection and add them the Collection. Likewise, you can see the keywords already added to all selected images, and refrain from typing those up.

Further extensions (perhaps for another thread): Format (red?) the keywords in the Collection and Assigned fields that are not present in the keyword tree, (optional) Sort keywords in Assigned field in the order they appear in the keyword tree, ...