Author Topic: Caption Images  (Read 1845 times)

Offline Cappsy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Caption Images
« on: August 29, 2014, 02:39:46 AM »
I supply a couple of Agencies/Clients with the same Images, and have to put their details etc  in of itpc boxes which is different for each Agency, (phone numbers, address, etc,) is their a way as (I convert back to Adobe Bridge,to do this) where I can keep the Description and keywords to the Images,  and just add  the other info (Phone, Address, info) for that Client to the rest of the Images, with out having to copy it all in again.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Caption Images
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 06:31:49 AM »
Are you asking how to do this in Adobe Bridge?  I do not know.  But in Photo Mechanic you can use the IPTC Stationery Pad to replace those fields with preset values, yes.

-Kirk

Offline Cappsy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 05:52:31 PM »
Hi
No I have to do in Bridge which I know how to do, I want to keep the Description/Caption, Headline, and Keywords the same, on the Images  but just change the rest of info, as when I try to change in Photo Mechanics it changes and clears all the above Description/Keyword etc so it means time consuming of writing it all in again.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 06:10:29 PM »
Hi
No I have to do in Bridge which I know how to do, I want to keep the Description/Caption, Headline, and Keywords the same, on the Images  but just change the rest of info, as when I try to change in Photo Mechanics it changes and clears all the above Description/Keyword etc so it means time consuming of writing it all in again.

Headline cannot be appended to.  But Keywords and Caption can (Caption has three options [Prefix, Replace, Append]) append.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#IPTC_Stationery_Pad

-Kirk