Author Topic: Adobe Lightroom Color Class  (Read 8703 times)

Offline kevin wick

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Adobe Lightroom Color Class
« on: August 18, 2014, 09:53:59 PM »
Adobe Lightroom Color Class does not seem to staying after it has been pick in the preference panel, general window.

Open preferences, go to general and in the Color Classes go to the lighting bolt and choose adobe lightroom for a color class. It show it correctly.  In the IPCT/XMP section I pick Adobe setting as well under the lighting bolt. Thinking that by changing the preference in those two place the xmp files and color class would be Lightroom compatible. When I go into LR5 it's does not see any of the color's I've set. It will see stars. When I exit the preference window it goes back to PM standard setting. XMP files are in excel format and not in adobe format.

It was working fine before I upgraded to latest version of PM for fix bugs and other things.

Thanks for help.
Kevin

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Adobe Lightroom Color Class
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 09:57:35 PM »
Kevin,

Adobe Lightroom Color Class does not seem to staying after it has been pick in the preference panel, general window.

If you make your changes and then quit PM and relaunch it, do your expected settings reappear?

Open preferences, go to general and in the Color Classes go to the lighting bolt and choose adobe lightroom for a color class. It show it correctly.  In the IPCT/XMP section I pick Adobe setting as well under the lighting bolt. Thinking that by changing the preference in those two place the xmp files and color class would be Lightroom compatible. When I go into LR5 it's does not see any of the color's I've set. It will see stars. When I exit the preference window it goes back to PM standard setting. XMP files are in excel format and not in adobe format.

What do you mean by XMP files are in Excel format?  If they're not XML files, they aren't XMP no matter what their file name extension is.

-Kirk

Offline kevin wick

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 06:36:15 AM »
Kevin,

If you make your changes and then quit PM and relaunch it, do your expected settings reappear?

No the changes did not take hold. I tried your suggestion and it still show ups in PM format.

What do you mean by XMP files are in Excel format?  If they're not XML files, they aren't XMP no matter what their file name extension is.
please see enclosed files the adobe file was created upon original import of file. The excel file was created when the file was reopened in PM.
-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 07:39:43 AM »
Kevin,

No the changes did not take hold. I tried your suggestion and it still show ups in PM format.

The files are clearly XML and formatted as XMP.  I have no idea why your Finder is showing them as "Excel 97..." but they're definitely XMP files.

I suggest you reset your PM preferences.  At the top of the Support board, there are pinned posts on how to reset your preferences.

-Kirk

Offline kevin wick

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 08:19:56 AM »
okay will give that a shot!
Thanks

Offline kevin wick

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 09:38:51 AM »
Followed the suggestion in the support section still no luck.

I renamed the folder and files as instructed. uninstalled PM5 rebooted. then went back to preferences made the change and it did not take hold. Then I move old folder and files to desktop put them in a folder, trashed newer preference folder and files, trashed download, empty trash rebooted, downloaded PM5 again, reinstalled. Open PM open preferences again made the change clicked the OK, quit PM restarted PM still started will PM color classes still in place not adobe. PM does not ask for registration. Is there another folder some where that has the registration file in it?

When I first started there were three files, now there are only two files while I've been trying to get PM to hold my selection in preferences.

Thanks,
Kevin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 09:51:47 AM »
Kevin,

Followed the suggestion in the support section still no luck.

I renamed the folder and files as instructed. uninstalled PM5 rebooted. then went back to preferences made the change and it did not take hold. Then I move old folder and files to desktop put them in a folder, trashed newer preference folder and files, trashed download, empty trash rebooted, downloaded PM5 again, reinstalled. Open PM open preferences again made the change clicked the OK, quit PM restarted PM still started will PM color classes still in place not adobe. PM does not ask for registration. Is there another folder some where that has the registration file in it?

When I first started there were three files, now there are only two files while I've been trying to get PM to hold my selection in preferences.

I think you'll get faster and better results for this problem by calling our support folks at +1 503-547-2888.  They'll troubleshoot the issue with you directly.

-Kirk

Offline kevin wick

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 11:50:37 AM »
FYI: I talked to Todd and he suggested that I rebuild permissions and also explained to me that colors 1-5 match LR5 6-8 had default text in them for PM5. And a couple things I may have misunderstood.

Thank you for help. Everything seems to be back to normal.
Kevin