Author Topic: capture time problem  (Read 3710 times)

Offline joncrispin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Jon Crispin Photography
capture time problem
« on: January 16, 2007, 05:07:21 PM »
Hi Kirk,  Downloaded 2 cards from my D200 tonight.  I sort by capture time.  The first card had the capture time as the time that I ingested the images, and not the time I shot them.  The second card had the time I shot the images. (Correct) What's up?   PM 4.3.8  Mac OS 10.4.6

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: capture time problem
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 05:22:35 PM »
Hi Kirk,  Downloaded 2 cards from my D200 tonight.  I sort by capture time.  The first card had the capture time as the time that I ingested the images, and not the time I shot them.  The second card had the time I shot the images. (Correct) What's up?   PM 4.3.8  Mac OS 10.4.6

What kind of images are on the two cards?  Anything different about the cards?

Can you share one of the images directly off the card that didn't work properly?

-Kirk

Offline joncrispin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Jon Crispin Photography
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 06:12:49 PM »
Kirk, they are from the same shoot, same camera.  One is a newer Lexar 2 gb 133x, and the other is a lexar 2 gb 80x.  I have an older version of PM on my laptop.  Tomorrow I will attempt an ingest on that computer and see if the same problem exists.  If I put the offending card back into the camera, it reads the correct time that the image was shot.  Puzzling.  I can email you one of the offending shots tomorrow.  Thanks, Jon 
Kirk, also I just checked one of the images in CS2 file info.  The correct time is there.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 06:17:03 PM by joncrispin »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 06:38:27 PM »
Kirk, they are from the same shoot, same camera.  One is a newer Lexar 2 gb 133x, and the other is a lexar 2 gb 80x.  I have an older version of PM on my laptop.  Tomorrow I will attempt an ingest on that computer and see if the same problem exists.  If I put the offending card back into the camera, it reads the correct time that the image was shot.  Puzzling.  I can email you one of the offending shots tomorrow.  Thanks, Jon 
Kirk, also I just checked one of the images in CS2 file info.  The correct time is there.

FTP upload would be best.  Contact me privately for server info by clicking on my name to the left of this message.

Thanks,

-Kirk