Author Topic: compatibility  (Read 2352 times)

Offline Jersey Tom

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
compatibility
« on: August 22, 2014, 10:51:09 AM »
I have version 4.6.9 installed on my WinXP Pro computer. Will 4.6.9 work on a Win 8.1 machine?

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: compatibility
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 05:06:36 PM »
Hi Tom,

We only approve Photo Mechanic v4.6.9 for Windows XP, Vista and W7 operating systems. If you would like to try PM v4.6.9 on a Windows 8 operating system, then you might run into a few problems, depending on the file types you are browsing and the operations you are trying to perform. When I launch PM v4.6.9 on my W8 PC, there are a couple of startup messages stating an illegal operation was attempted but PM will finally open a contact sheet once these messages are dismissed. I am not able to add any folders to the Favorites panel and I can not get any of the file uploaders to work. You are welcome to try v4.6.9 on your W8 PC but if you have any problems, we will recommend that you try a PM v5 demo to make sure the problem has been fixed in the new version of Photo Mechanic .

Best regards,

--Bob

Offline Jersey Tom

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: compatibility
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 12:56:48 PM »
Why take the chance? I'll go with the latest; V5. FYI; I'm installing it on an HP Omni10 tablet that is running Win8.1.  It has sufficent RAM (2Gb) and storage (32Gb) so I'm excited to see how PM 5 and Photoshop CC will interact.  My goal is to use the tablet on assignments for the wires rather than my (trusty) laptop.  Just to "scale down" what I have to take along.
Thanks!