Author Topic: Bulk deletion of key words across multiple files  (Read 1928 times)

Offline myotis

• View Profile
Bulk deletion of key words across multiple files
« on: August 27, 2014, 06:49:09 AM »
I have sort of messed up using variables to fill in the keyword field and now have keywords that I don't really want in the keyword field.  They are only in the XMP file as I have PM set up to write anything to RAW (but I do have some JPEGS where the keywords presumably are added to the actual file.

Is there any way of using PM to delete all the key words in the keyword field of multiple files as a bulk action, but leave all other meta data intact?

Many thanks,

Graham

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: Bulk deletion of key words across multiple files
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 08:29:34 AM »
One way to remove only keywords from all the files in a contact sheet in PM Version 5

1. Select all the images with command-a (OS X) or ctrl-a (Win).
2. Then command-i (ctrl-i) to open up the Stationery Pad.
3. Uncheck the checkbox to the left of every field except "Keywords" -- make sure the Keywords field is checked.
4. Make sure the Keywords field itself is empty.
5. Make sure the checkbox next to the + is NOT checked (Checked = append, unchecked = replace)
6. Then click "Apply Stationery to Selected"

This will erase only the keywords from the selected files, and as long as no other field had a checkmark, all other fields would be untouched.

-Mick

Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline myotis

• View Profile
Re: Bulk deletion of key words across multiple files
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 09:00:41 AM »
Thanks Mick,

I did sort of think something like this was possible, but the step bt step instructions are really useful.

Cheers,

Graham