Author Topic: Looking for Variable to use as thumbnail title on PM Classic Export  (Read 1700 times)

Offline RSmedley

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I'm using PM 5 build 15800. I'm using the PM Classic export and would like to use the filename of the exported image as the title of the thumbnails. However I seem to be missing it or it just does not exist. Specifically, I export without using the original filenames for the images so the image files get named IMG_1, IMG_2, etc. I'd like the title for the thumbnails to be the same as the exported image filenames (i.e. IMG_1, IMG_2, etc.). Can this be done?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Looking for Variable to use as thumbnail title on PM Classic Export
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 07:01:45 AM »
I'm using PM 5 build 15800. I'm using the PM Classic export and would like to use the filename of the exported image as the title of the thumbnails. However I seem to be missing it or it just does not exist. Specifically, I export without using the original filenames for the images so the image files get named IMG_1, IMG_2, etc. I'd like the title for the thumbnails to be the same as the exported image filenames (i.e. IMG_1, IMG_2, etc.). Can this be done?

There is no built-in way to do that, but since you know the format of the generated image names, you could try to use:

IMG_{index}

as your Thumbnails Title.  Give that a try and see if it works.

-Kirk

Offline RSmedley

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 07:42:08 AM »
Yea, I tried that. All the thumbnail titles on page 1 of the index page were IMG_0, those on page 2 were IMG_10, etc.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 08:31:11 AM »
Yea, I tried that. All the thumbnail titles on page 1 of the index page were IMG_0, those on page 2 were IMG_10, etc.

OK, sorry, I don't have a solution for you at this time.

-Kirk