Author Topic: From PM to Nikon ViewNX2 and back to PM - does it work..?  (Read 3849 times)

Offline marc1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
From PM to Nikon ViewNX2 and back to PM - does it work..?
« on: September 05, 2014, 02:29:06 AM »
Hello Everybody,
i'm from germany and i use the latest version of PM on my Macbook in interaction with Camera RAW PS-CS4. With the Nikon D4s Camera i can't work with my usual workflow anymore. I can not open NEF-Raw files in CS4-Camera Raw. The Software Nikon ViewNX2 is included in the scope of delivery of the D4s. Does this software work with Photo Mechanic ?

From PM to ViewNX2 and back to PM ? I was very happy with my old workflow PM-Camera RAW-PM...

Greetings
Marc 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: From PM to Nikon ViewNX2 and back to PM - does it work..?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 06:32:32 AM »
Marc,

i'm from germany and i use the latest version of PM on my Macbook in interaction with Camera RAW PS-CS4. With the Nikon D4s Camera i can't work with my usual workflow anymore. I can not open NEF-Raw files in CS4-Camera Raw. The Software Nikon ViewNX2 is included in the scope of delivery of the D4s. Does this software work with Photo Mechanic ?

From PM to ViewNX2 and back to PM ? I was very happy with my old workflow PM-Camera RAW-PM...

Yes, it should work fine.  But why not upgrade to a newer version of Photoshop so you can keep your favorite workflow?

-Kirk

Offline marc1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 09:07:51 AM »
Kirk,

i use a Nikon d4s, the PS Version is CS4, it's not possible to upgrade for this camera from that Version..

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 09:39:04 AM »
Marc,

i use a Nikon d4s, the PS Version is CS4, it's not possible to upgrade for this camera from that Version..

You can get Photoshop CC 2014 which would certainly work with your new camera.

-Kirk