Author Topic: Problem with Open Contact Sheet / Browse for Folder options from File Menu  (Read 3190 times)

Offline kenjack

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I have been having a problem with the Browse For Folder dialogue box which opens automatically on start-up. Nine times out of ten it hangs up and the programme effectively freezes. This only started in the last few weeks and has become progressively worse. (Photomechanic 5 running on Windows 7.)

Occasionally I can get past this by closing the programme and opening it again, but not always.

The same issue occurs when I select the Open Contact Sheet option from the File menu, which brings up the Browse for Folder dialogue.

I know I can probably change the startup options in Preferences (if I ever get back into the programme) but this won't solve the second point of using Open Contact Sheet (though it now occurs to me I could use the navigator panel to get round this, which I don't usually have open, in order to maximise screen space).

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the programme, but that hasn't made any difference. I have also found that I do not have the problem when using Photomechanic 4.6.8 which I still have on the computer - so it doesn't seem like a memory or Windows problem.

Any advice anyone?

Thanks, Ken Jack.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Problem with Open Contact Sheet / Browse for Folder options from File Menu
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 09:40:48 AM »
Ken,

Please try this build:

http://www.camerabits.com/download/PM5SetupR15821.exe

Please let me know if the problem goes away with this version.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline grosda

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 02:39:41 PM »
Kirk,

I was having the same problems with picking a primary folder for ingests and picking destination folders.  The new build appears to have resolved the issue.  Thanks !

Dale

Offline JimKarczewski

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 01:14:23 PM »
I was having the same issue, but it was intermittent.  This build fixed the problem..

Using a system dialog vs a custom it looks like?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 04:14:49 PM »
Jim,

No, they were both system dialogs.  One of them is much older and had issues with showing the last path.  I had put in some code to force it to scroll to the last path.  This code caused the dialog to hang for some users and work perfectly for others.

The new dialogs (introduced in Vista) show the last folder correctly and have no hanging issues.

-Kirk