Author Topic: Manual sort order not recognized with DVD burn  (Read 1769 times)

Offline Andymann

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Manual sort order not recognized with DVD burn
« on: September 09, 2014, 01:58:34 AM »
I've set PM to Arrangement, dragged and dropped images in the contact sheet for my personal sort order. Then I go to "Burn to Disc". But my sort order isn't recognized in the burn-process. The images on the DVD are having a different, wrong sort order. How to set PM that a personal sort is recognized in the "Burn to Disc"-procedure? Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Manual sort order not recognized with DVD burn
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 06:55:46 AM »
I've set PM to Arrangement, dragged and dropped images in the contact sheet for my personal sort order. Then I go to "Burn to Disc". But my sort order isn't recognized in the burn-process. The images on the DVD are having a different, wrong sort order. How to set PM that a personal sort is recognized in the "Burn to Disc"-procedure? Thanks.

The problem is that your .pmarrangement.dat file isn't getting burned to the disc.  It is the presence of that file that PM uses to reorder your files.

Since a set of files can span several discs, adding such a feature could prove problematic.  As a workaround, if you were to rename your files after arrangement with a numerical sequence, they would sort in your arranged order for all viewing apps that sort by filename.  Be sure to use leading zeros in your renaming or some apps will sort the files incorrectly.

-Kirk