Author Topic: Colour ratings not being retained  (Read 1727 times)

Offline macdonaldimages

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Colour ratings not being retained
« on: September 10, 2014, 12:29:36 PM »
I m using PM 5 Build 15800 on an iMAC with OS X 10.9.4
I personalised the colour ratings table to fit my workflow and reviewed and rated 1400 images, all of which took the correct colour flag no problem.  When i finished the folder, all images were showing the correct colour flag applied to them.  However, the next time I opened PM there was a nothing there - none of the 1400+ images in my folder had any colour rating showing.
I tried rating again with just a few images - closed down and re-opened - and again, all ratings had disappeared.  I have also trashed and re-installed the application but the problem still persists.
Any ideas ?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Colour ratings not being retained
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 12:43:39 PM »
I m using PM 5 Build 15800 on an iMAC with OS X 10.9.4
I personalised the colour ratings table to fit my workflow and reviewed and rated 1400 images, all of which took the correct colour flag no problem.  When i finished the folder, all images were showing the correct colour flag applied to them.  However, the next time I opened PM there was a nothing there - none of the 1400+ images in my folder had any colour rating showing.
I tried rating again with just a few images - closed down and re-opened - and again, all ratings had disappeared.  I have also trashed and re-installed the application but the problem still persist

Where are the images stored?  Do you have write privilege to the files?  What kind of files are you working with?

-Kirk

Offline macdonaldimages

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 02:27:48 PM »
I'm using RAW files (Nikon) and they are stored on an external hard drive connected to the mac.  Could that be causing the problem?

Offline macdonaldimages

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 03:41:15 PM »
Have tried moving the files onto the mac hard-drive and trying again and it seems to be fine now.  Have opened and closed several times and all ratings are ok.  I was able to operate with an external drive when using the Windows version.  I guess I have just found a 'feature' of the mac - the hard way as usual !  Thanks for planting that seed.  It worked.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 04:41:19 PM »
What is the filesystem format of your external hard drive?

-Kirk