Author Topic: PM 4.3.8 cannot read IPTC from Adobe Bridge  (Read 4003 times)

Offline jpofsc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM 4.3.8 cannot read IPTC from Adobe Bridge
« on: January 17, 2007, 07:22:56 PM »
Adobe has a category for Location, in addition to city.  I globally changed files in a folder to show a location, changing nothing else, and then open the folder in PM.  PM no longer shows any fields of info.  With the same files, I had globally changed about 7 fields using PM and these same fields showed correctly in Bridge.  Should I expect to see the info go away in PM once I have edited the IPTC in Bridge?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 4.3.8 cannot read IPTC from Adobe Bridge
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 09:07:49 PM »
Adobe has a category for Location, in addition to city.  I globally changed files in a folder to show a location, changing nothing else, and then open the folder in PM.  PM no longer shows any fields of info.  With the same files, I had globally changed about 7 fields using PM and these same fields showed correctly in Bridge.  Should I expect to see the info go away in PM once I have edited the IPTC in Bridge?

I'm guessing that Bridge removed the IPTC data and replaced it with XMP data.  Version 4.3.8 does not support XMP.  Versions 4.4 and higher of Photo Mechanic supports XMP.  Version 4.5 (currently in development) supports IPTC4XMP core fields and the IPTC Location field you spoke about.

Version 4.3.8 is now over two years old.  A lot has changed in Photo Mechanic since then.

-Kirk

Offline jpofsc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM 4.3.8 cannot read IPTC from Adobe Bridge
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 06:44:28 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

Thats what I get for being tight!

JP