Author Topic: Navigator highlights the current contact sheet  (Read 4627 times)

Offline Peter Aaron

• Newcomer
  • PETER AARON ARCHITECTURAL PHOTOGRAPHY
    • View Profile
    • PETER AARON ARCHITECTURAL PHOTOGRAPHY
Navigator highlights the current contact sheet
« on: September 06, 2014, 03:13:03 PM »
Is there any way to have the Navigator highlight the current contact sheet when its opened.
This would be a huge timesaver.
Obviously you need the option to be able to add to or change the selection, but if it was the default that would be great
thanks
PA
Peter Aaron
pa@peteraaron.net

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
Re: Navigator highlights the current contact sheet
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 04:20:35 AM »
Is there any way to have the Navigator highlight the current contact sheet when its opened.
This would be a huge timesaver.
Obviously you need the option to be able to add to or change the selection, but if it was the default that would be great
thanks
PA

Hi,
It does highlight the current sheet if it is the most recently opened one.
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 06:35:02 AM »
Yes, until you click on another tab…It would be great if it changed to whatever the current tab is.
Marc

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 09:54:40 AM »
I could see adding a menu item "Show Contact Sheet Path in Navigator" on the Contact Sheet tab menu that would appear when a Contact Sheet contained a single path.  But not all Contact Sheets have a single path--there can be many.  Also, I wouldn't want the simple changing of the Contact Sheet tab to force the Navigator to reveal the path.  It may be disruptive and it will certainly slow down the act of switching between Contact Sheet tabs.

-Kirk

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 04:59:33 AM »
I could see adding a menu item "Show Contact Sheet Path in Navigator" on the Contact Sheet tab menu that would appear when a Contact Sheet contained a single path.  But not all Contact Sheets have a single path--there can be many.  Also, I wouldn't want the simple changing of the Contact Sheet tab to force the Navigator to reveal the path.  It may be disruptive and it will certainly slow down the act of switching between Contact Sheet tabs.

-Kirk

Hi,
I myself would not like slowing down the process of switching between contact sheet tabs.
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 09:13:22 PM »

-Kirk

How about making it an option when you right click on a thumbnail (reveal in navigator) ?
Marc
Marc