Author Topic: Best way to start over?  (Read 1966 times)

Offline Eric

• View Profile
Best way to start over?
« on: September 22, 2014, 02:02:06 PM »
Hi Kirk,

What is the best way to delete and re-install PM5 so that there are no little remnants of the existing install hanging around to foul things up? Between the missing progress bar, the fact that it now takes forever to ingest, and the unexpected crash (no I didn't let it send the crash report), I'm thinking a fresh install is in order.

Eric

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Best way to start over?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 02:38:37 PM »
Eric,

I responded to your issue about not seeing the progress bar (resize your window taller).

If you want to "start over":

Quit PM if it is running.
Reset your preferences: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=8219.0
Uninstall PM and reinstall it.

-Kirk

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 02:42:32 PM »
Yup I saw that reply... the bars are just one issue and whereas they have been visible for at least the last year and NOTHING changed on my laptop I'm hoping that they'll return on a fresh install. If not I'll learn to live without them until you 'fix' the issue in a future release. A bigger problem is the crashing and and VERY slow ingest times. Both are also new-ish problems.   

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 04:01:26 PM »
Eric,

Yup I saw that reply... the bars are just one issue and whereas they have been visible for at least the last year and NOTHING changed on my laptop I'm hoping that they'll return on a fresh install. If not I'll learn to live without them until you 'fix' the issue in a future release.

The fix will be to limit the minimum size of the window.  So until then simply make the window taller.

A bigger problem is the crashing and and VERY slow ingest times. Both are also new-ish problems.

If the problem persists, let me know.

-Kirk