Author Topic: Problem with using SmugMug Uploader in Photo Mechanic 4.6.9  (Read 2060 times)

Offline PMHorvath

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Problem with using SmugMug Uploader in Photo Mechanic 4.6.9
« on: October 20, 2014, 02:46:44 PM »
Since switching to the "new" version of Smugmug, my Photo Mechanic uploader no longer works.  I get an error message "bad server response - categories root element missing".  I suspect the problem is that, although the Uploader still specifies the correct gallery, the path within my SmugMug account to that Gallery is no longer correctly specified. 

My Photo Mechanic uploader will not let me edit the target Gallery path in any way. It is totally unresponsive.  If I attempt to set up a new account, the Uploader will not let me enter any characters into the Gallery window.

I have been unable to find any Photo Mechanic support information which deals with this problem when using the new SmugMug.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Problem with using SmugMug Uploader in Photo Mechanic 4.6.9
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 04:13:29 PM »
SmugMug changed its API requirements after PM 4.6.9 was released and update support for it ended.  In PM 5 we updated the template to work with the changes in the SmugMug 1.2.2 API.

Depending on when you purchased your license for PM 4.6, you may be eligible for a free upgrade.

-Kirk