Author Topic: Exporting galleries with HTML in the caption  (Read 4748 times)

Offline chumby

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Exporting galleries with HTML in the caption
« on: October 23, 2014, 12:34:05 AM »
Hi all,

I am trying to create a web gallery where the caption for each image contains scientific names - ie.  a combination of bold and italic.

Can this be done at all through any of the export options?   I cant seem to find anything that will do this...

Cheers
Chumby

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Exporting galleries with HTML in the caption
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 01:54:34 AM »
Chumby, that depends. Are the scientific names in a separate field or already present in the caption? In the latter case, short of enhancing the exporter script (this means coding) of your choice to recognise and reformat the caption, there is no solution. If, however, they are in a separate field (e.g., keywords), you could add the necessary html around the text that goes into the title of your photo on the gallery.

For instance, using the PM Classic exporter template, set the Title for your images as such: {caption} (<em>{keywords}</em>)
This will put the keywords (the scientific names) in italics in brackets behind the text of the caption of the image.

Hope this helps,
Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline chumby

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 04:02:34 PM »
Hi Hayo,

Thanks very much for that... I will try your keywords method.

Cheers,
CHumby

Offline chumby

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 04:10:06 PM »
Hi Hayo,

Just tried it then, but it doesn't render out the italics.  Just prints out the html code alongside with the scientific name.

Have you been able to get this working?  I tried it with simpleviewer also - same thing... just prints out the html, doesn't render it at all.

Cheers
Chumby

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 11:49:14 PM »
Ah, darn. PM is being a bit too clever and converts the <> to their corresponding html code :(
I guess this is what most people would want. You may try it with [] instead but I am afraid this also doesn't work. In that case you will need to change the code of the template script to be able to cater for the italics/bold names. Sorry.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl