Author Topic: Searching  (Read 2794 times)

Offline eja

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Searching
« on: November 14, 2014, 12:10:05 PM »
I am running version 4.6.9 on a macbook air.  Intel Based Mac. OS 10.9.5.  Recently I was trying to search using the quick search function and the search function from the edit menu.  I am searching in the active contact sheet.  I am searching on keywords.  Here's the problem.  I marked the files wanted to use in my blog, but the search function only calls up some of the photos.  I am searching on the keyword list when I select the "I" key.  I am searching on the word "blog".  It only brings up the photos that I edited and applied the key word "blog" to.  Subsequent files it is not recognizing.  I've tried adding the keyword to other pics. in the contact sheet and it doesn't recognize them either.

One thing I just noticed is if I use the Find function it finds the correct files.  Not sure why it behaves differently than the quick search or search function.

I tried restarting the program and I tried removing the key words and applying them again.  No luck.

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 12:38:35 PM by eja »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Searching
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 12:14:57 PM »
I am running version 4.6.9 on a macbook air.  Intel Based Mac. OS 10.9.5.  Recently I was trying to search using the quick search function and the search function from the edit menu.  I am searching in the active contact sheet.  I am searching on keywords.  Here's the problem.  I marked the files wanted to use in my blog, but the search function only calls up some of the photos.  I am searching on the keyword list when I select the "I" key.  I am searching on the word "blog".  It only brings up the photos that I edited and applied the key word "blog" to.  Subsequent files it is not recognizing.  I've tried adding the keyword to other pics. in the contact sheet and it doesn't recognize them either.

I tried restarting the program and I tried removing the key words and applying them again.  No luck.

PM uses Apple's Spotlight to do those searches.  Does a Spotlight search outside of Photo Mechanic find those files?  Are all of the files in JPEG format or a non-JPEG format like a RAW format?  Spotlight technology does not work well with RAW files.

Since you're searching only the current folder, try using the Find panel instead.  It does a direct search of the items contained in the current contact sheet.  It may give you better results.

-Kirk

Offline eja

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Searching
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 02:06:11 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  After reading your input I tried PM again before attempting to trouble shoot using your suggestions.  It now works fine.  Still scratching my head, but thank you for the help.

EJ