Author Topic: Refresh Refresh Refresh  (Read 4998 times)

Offline markfink67

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • mfpix.com
Refresh Refresh Refresh
« on: November 04, 2014, 02:43:52 PM »
As a diehard PM user Refreshing a folder so it can be a "shoot to" folder seems to have escaped PM for far too long - years and years.  Bridge does it so well...so why am I using PM ?  Hanging in there but I think this is the last time.

Can't a folder just refresh?

PM need s major overhaul to get current.

Renaming: what are two panels necessary for file name. One to set the name and sequence and the other Pane (pain) for the numbering.

Bridge has a nice rename and move option. (copy that please)
Virginia Photographer - Mark Finkenstaedt

Editorial, Corporate, Advertising

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Refresh Refresh Refresh
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 02:57:54 PM »
Mark,

As a diehard PM user Refreshing a folder so it can be a "shoot to" folder seems to have escaped PM for far too long - years and years.  Bridge does it so well...so why am I using PM ?  Hanging in there but I think this is the last time.

Have you tried Live Ingest?  It monitors folders for new files and has all of the power of Ingest.

Renaming: what are two panels necessary for file name. One to set the name and sequence and the other Pane (pain) for the numbering.

If all you need to do is reset your sequence, you don't need to open up the Set Sequence dialog.  Just hold down the 'Modifier' key (Option on Mac, Shift on Windows) and the Set {seqn} button will change its text to "Reset".  Click the button when it is in that state and the sequence is reset back to the start value.

-Kirk

Offline Soizic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 11:02:58 PM »
Weel, I learn
Soizic (France)
MacBook Pro M1,Ventura, PM+ à jour, deepl translator

Offline markfink67

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • mfpix.com
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 10:14:24 PM »
Thank you Kirk.  Wish I'd checked back sooner!!

This is helpful and I'll work on Live Ingest's features not that I understand them all - yet.

Still begs the question why all folders aren't simply "Live" in characteristic?

and... why can't the file name modification be condensed into one panel instead of two.  Must be the nature of the beast.

Virginia Photographer - Mark Finkenstaedt

Editorial, Corporate, Advertising

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 08:33:11 AM »
Mark,

Thank you Kirk.  Wish I'd checked back sooner!!

This is helpful and I'll work on Live Ingest's features not that I understand them all - yet.

Still begs the question why all folders aren't simply "Live" in characteristic?

There are two methods for learning about new (or removed) files.  One is polling which works reliably but we wouldn't want all tabs of all open contact sheets to poll since it would drag the filesystem down.  The other is via filesystem change notifications.  We have found the second method to be unreliable.

and... why can't the file name modification be condensed into one panel instead of two.  Must be the nature of the beast.

I don't understand what part of PM you're describing.  Please be more descriptive or post a screen shot in JPEG format that illustrates what you're talking about.

-Kirk