Author Topic: Set Colour Class in Photoshop  (Read 2448 times)

Offline foonji

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Set Colour Class in Photoshop
« on: November 07, 2014, 09:34:06 PM »
Hi,

I am wanting to set the Colour Class of images edited in Photoshop using the urgency field - however i'm not having any luck with it, PM doesn't recognise the change made by PS.

So once the file is edited and saved, it refreshes in PM with a different colour class to represent it being a edited version - I have a PS action/script which makes the iptc change then saves the file in the same dir that it came from as a TIF.

Sync colour class with urgency field is ticked. When I re-open the files, the urgency is set correctly.

I am using Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 15800 (e6ecc1c) + Photoshop CC 2014

You help is appreciated, Thanks

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Set Colour Class in Photoshop
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 09:58:07 PM »
Hi,

I am wanting to set the Colour Class of images edited in Photoshop using the urgency field - however i'm not having any luck with it, PM doesn't recognise the change made by PS.

So once the file is edited and saved, it refreshes in PM with a different colour class to represent it being a edited version - I have a PS action/script which makes the iptc change then saves the file in the same dir that it came from as a TIF.

Sync colour class with urgency field is ticked. When I re-open the files, the urgency is set correctly.

I am using Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 15800 (e6ecc1c) + Photoshop CC 2014

Do you have PM reading XMP before IPTC?  IPTC Urgency is not part of XMP.  If you're making Photoshop write IPTC, you'll have to tell PM to read IPTC first.  Please note that IPTC is an old standard that has been all but superseded by XMP.  We don't recommend its use anymore.

-Kirk

Offline foonji

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 10:18:51 PM »
Ok - I'll give that a go.

In the case of IPTC being old, any ideas on how this could be done with XMP?

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 11:44:36 PM »
Why don't you simply use the labelling mechanism of photoshop (Lightroom and bridge) to mark them the way you want? PM is fully compatible with the labels of the photoshop family, you just need to make sure all your applications use the same label names (and preferably the same colours) and then you're good to go. No need to use the urgency field at all then.

Cheers,
Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline foonji

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 02:36:09 AM »
Thanks for the help - I've used scripting in photoshop to change the label to match PM