Author Topic: Cropping workflow?  (Read 4357 times)

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
Cropping workflow?
« on: November 17, 2014, 07:11:25 AM »
I previously asked that a crop become the default so it can just be pasted on the next image instead of copied and pasted (just pasted) . Another work flow speed up would be the having the copy & crop window inside the image window - currently I need to scroll to the side then scroll back to the image. I use the scroll wheel to advance to the next image BUT if I'm hovering over the crop window all I get is scrolling those side panel windows so I need to move the mouse back to the image to scroll to the next image.
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Cropping workflow?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 08:44:08 AM »
Joe,

Arrow keys for advancing aren't working for you?

How would I put the crop controls "inside" the image window?

-Kirk

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 02:15:17 PM »
When I'm color coding I use the keyboard - but when I'm cropping I'm using the mouse (as a windows user I have the scroll wheel) -  Also once I've color coded - I like to keep my fingers away from the number pad - I hate accidently hitting a 0 (right next to the right arrow ) on an image and removing / changing color codes - so on my crop pass through a contact - I like to use the mouse. - NOW while I'm thinking about it - I would love to be able to LOCK color codes on a folder. I work on 2 PC's (1 for photo one for all else) and sometimes I type on my other PC's keyboard and accidently change ratings which once I finish I generally DON'T want to change.
Do you have any comment on the crop default idea?
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 02:33:05 PM »
Joe,

Do you have any comment on the crop default idea?

So basically what you're asking for is each time a crop is drawn, it becomes the 'copied' crop such that advancing to the next photo and pasting would apply the same crop?

What if some people don't like their copied crop to be replaced with the most recently drawn crop?  I'm not big on making the UI more complicated and needing more preferences like "When drawing a crop, copy the new crop to the 'clipboard'".

-Kirk

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 02:48:49 PM »
I would imagine if you need a specific crop - you can save it already - but as a sports shooter - I very often make a crop then keep changing it slightly as a player get closer now I need to either copy paste change for each or copy past change, past change more, paste change moore... I think the default would save a lot of copying and sometimes changing.
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC