Author Topic: Ingest (sub-)folders by drag & drop to dialog  (Read 3915 times)

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
Ingest (sub-)folders by drag & drop to dialog
« on: November 18, 2014, 03:55:56 AM »
Hi @ all!
What about adding the possibility to drag & drop some folders into the "ingest folders" dialog?
I am currently re-organizing my archive and need to add a lot of folders into the dialog box. For now I need to click "Add", select a single sub-folder, click "add" again, select a different folder, ...

A D&D feature would be great to add a lot of folders to the dialog.

Thanks
Sven
After 5 years of absence I restarted the photography.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest (sub-)folders by drag & drop to dialog
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 05:56:25 AM »
Sven,

What about adding the possibility to drag & drop some folders into the "ingest folders" dialog?
I am currently re-organizing my archive and need to add a lot of folders into the dialog box. For now I need to click "Add", select a single sub-folder, click "add" again, select a different folder, ...

A D&D feature would be great to add a lot of folders to the dialog.

Since you're on a Mac, you can drag and drop folders onto the folder picker dialog itself.  You still would have to use the Add button multiple times, but you don't have to use the dialog to navigate to your desired folders.

-Kirk

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 07:00:48 AM »
Thanks Kirk!
I knew that I can drag a folder into the "open" dialog but I hoped to drag a set of folders (marked with colors) directly to the ingest dialog.
May this an idea for a future release? (priority: very low)

Thanks again
Sven

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 11:20:27 AM »
Kirk,

just for information: Live-Ingest did the trick (but needed a "bit" more on disk space)
Created a temp folder, set the preferences of Live Ingest to where and how the images have to be stored, set PM to watch this new temp folder, copied the (source-) folders into the temp one and waited for PM to finish. Once all is verified I deleted the original folders.

Sven

PS: Still the best product I EVER purchased (and still recommending it to others)!