Author Topic: Display mismatch list with load selection  (Read 3943 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Display mismatch list with load selection
« on: November 18, 2014, 03:51:35 AM »
I more and more often run into situations when some files don't match on the contact sheet with the loaded selection list. And it some times means long minutes or even hours of looking for the missing files. It would be great if PM could show the files that didn't match from the list.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Display mismatch list with load selection
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 05:57:54 AM »
I more and more often run into situations when some files don't match on the contact sheet with the loaded selection list. And it some times means long minutes or even hours of looking for the missing files. It would be great if PM could show the files that didn't match from the list.

As in a dialog that simply lists all filenames in the selection file that don't match?

Sounds like a Feature Request to me.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: Display mismatch list with load selection
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 07:09:50 PM »

As in a dialog that simply lists all filenames in the selection file that don't match?

Sounds like a Feature Request to me.

-Kirk

Yes my feature request is exactly a dialog that lists all filenames in the selection file that don't match on the contact sheet. It could look the same as the upload window showing which files were uploaded.
Maybe adding a button that offers to save the list into another text file for later use could come handy for a more thorough examination of the error and its source - I just spent a lot of time hardly finding a typo in such a list.
,-))
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com