Author Topic: Very slow (Save photo as)  (Read 1419 times)

Offline JJP

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Very slow (Save photo as)
« on: November 18, 2014, 01:41:48 PM »
Hi
This is my first time on here.

I have been using PM for a number of years now with very few problems .
The issue I'm having is the speed or lack of it with the save photo as button.

My work flow is this

Download the cf card to a folder on my MacBook Pro desk top , then open PM in the new contact sheet and load to PM from there.

Images appear immediately ,I then go through using short cuts to get rid of the crap. Once that is done and I'm left with the keepers I then batch IPTC info ,crop and name.

Once that is done select all go to save photos as to save to another file on my desktop ,in the window I state the file size to be 3888 pixels x 2592 pixels @ 300dpi this is the size I send to my website .

I then click save ,this is where the issues start. All the above task are lightning fast except the save as part ,it can take 30 to 60 minutes for around 350 images it used to be a lot quicker.

Once it has finished I then go Elements 10 to batch process just using the auto enhance function before uploading to my website.

As professional Motorsport photographer I can have a few thousand images to sort and upload to our website with in a time limit for our international clients as well as our domestic clients.
FTP or email isn't an option as they prefer to choose images themselves.

My MacBook Pro is fully upgraded with a 512GB SSD and 16GB Ram both have loads of free space.

Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Very slow (Save photo as)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 02:00:13 PM »
Please post a screen shot (JPEG format) of your Save As settings.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk