Author Topic: clearing Favorites pane  (Read 2739 times)

Offline gdpaige

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
clearing Favorites pane
« on: November 22, 2014, 05:45:52 AM »
I am using a Lenovo thinkpad yoga running Windoes 8. The latest version of PM works fine in general with one exception. The Favorites pane cannot be cleared. In short, I can select a folder in Favorites, but cannot delete it, whether by using the pen, the touchpad, etc. I cannot find a key or combination key that does this in the manual, but fear I must be missing something. Is there a secret ctrl-alt-?? or similar that can be used, or a 'clear all' function that would be useful?  Thanks

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: clearing Favorites pane
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 07:01:12 AM »
You can remove a favourite by right clicking on it and then choosing “Remove”.

HTH,
Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline gdpaige

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 12:17:40 PM »
Yes, that works on my other PCs, but not the YOGA. The right-click equivalent using the pen to double tap, or the touchpad, do not work in PM in that context, though it does work in other applications. There does not seem to be a menu that offers to remove a favorite without the right-click equivalent. That is what I am trying to determine. Most operations can be accessed by way of drop down menus but not all, including this function. Other thoughts? 

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 03:52:32 PM »
I am not exactly familiar with the Yoga, but from a quick google search it seems others have had similar problems with it recognising "right-clicks" on the touchpad as well. It might be driver issues with te Lenovo synaptics or pen driver. Try to check the rightclick settings, touchpad region, and others in the mouse control panel. Or you might try to reinstall the driver itself. In my experience, touchpad and pen drivers from different manufactures are a complete mess in Windows. That's why I suggest it might be a driver issue.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 04:09:46 PM by Frantisek Vlcek »