Author Topic: Cropping in PM after LR import  (Read 4295 times)

Offline jus8ken

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Cropping in PM after LR import
« on: November 24, 2014, 08:28:07 PM »
Hi, i'm new to the forum (and to PM) and have searched for this topic already but have not found a thread as yet, so apologies in advance if this has been asked and answered before and I perhaps missed it.

I am a wedding photographer and now do all my culling/deleting in PM. I then like to export to LR to start working on the images but wish to only crop the rest of the images (in PM) at a later stage.

Is there an option to 're-open' all the images in PM, crop them and then re-export back to LR again, without effecting any of the LR edits?

I hope my question is clear  :)

Thanks
Justin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Cropping in PM after LR import
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 10:56:45 PM »
Justin,

I am a wedding photographer and now do all my culling/deleting in PM. I then like to export to LR to start working on the images but wish to only crop the rest of the images (in PM) at a later stage.

Is there an option to 're-open' all the images in PM, crop them and then re-export back to LR again, without effecting any of the LR edits?

There is no 'reopen' command, but you can certainly browse the folder containing the images again, and crop them.  Edits won't be affected.  You'll have to tell LR to read metadata from the files in order to get it to see the changes you made in PM.

-Kirk

Offline jus8ken

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 11:09:35 PM »
Thanks Kirk for your reply.
Excuse my lack of knowledge, but how would I tell LR to read the metadata afterwards?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 11:46:15 PM »
On the Metadata menu, having selected some files, choose "Read Metadata from File".

-Kirk

Offline jus8ken

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 12:27:46 AM »
Thanks so much Kirk, you have just changed my life! :)