Author Topic: Lost images  (Read 4671 times)

Offline JRH13

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Lost images
« on: December 01, 2014, 10:24:10 AM »
I am a long-time Photo Mechanic user (9 years) and love the product. However, I ran into a strange and disturbing occurrence this past Saturday while shooting a football game. I shot a long pregame ceremony followed by the first quarter. I then ran in and ingested my card of over 600 images. I returned at half time and quickly checked the folder to see if it had downloaded. I saw the beginning of the pregame and then I skipped to the game action where I proceeded to tone a few images.
I then ejected the card, formatted it and shot the second half. It was not until last night when I was processing the pregame photos that I noticed that I was missing some images. Upon further investigation, I found that I am missing exactly 250 photos from the middle of the pre game to the opening kick off of the game. Very strange.
I tried to recover the card but the second half more than covered up the pregame. I have searched my laptop to no avail. The folder has the files numbered from 0941 to 1253 and then from 1513 to 1818.
has anyone ever experienced anything like this? These were some important photos that I really needed and am in a bind. I am not optimistic, but if anyone has any suggestions please send them my way.
Thank you.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Lost images
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 10:35:57 AM »
There were no errors during the Ingest?
You never selected any images and deleted them?
Have you checked your hard drive for failures?

For PM to have incremented the sequence number from 1253 to 1513, it had to have copied photos to their destination.

-Kirk

Offline JRH13

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 01:19:22 PM »
There were no errors on ingestion. It is very strange as it just skipped 250 images right in the middle. It recorded the 305 images after that. How would I check for hard drive malfunction?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 02:03:29 PM »
There were no errors on ingestion. It is very strange as it just skipped 250 images right in the middle. It recorded the 305 images after that. How would I check for hard drive malfunction?

What OS are you using?

-Kirk

Offline JRH13

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 02:05:07 PM »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 02:46:26 PM »

Verify your disk(s) with Apple's Disk Utility application.

It's in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder.

-Kirk