Author Topic: Marking next file without Mouse not possible with right arrow key  (Read 3811 times)

Offline info@ts-foto.de

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
System WIN 7 64 Bit, PM 5.0 V 15800
When I take (makr) some files with the „Shift+Arrow right Key” the files will be marked, this is correct. Then I take the Hotkey STRG+I to edit the IPTC Data. Finishing with the “STRG+ALT+A” key. That’s fabulous. Absolutely fast, while needing no Mouse. But now should be possible: Arrow right key should go to the next picture. This doesn’t work, after you hit the three keys (STRG+ALT+A). I have to change to the next picture with the Mouse. This costs Time. It would be better to take the next picture without the mouse, just hit the Tab-Right Key.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Marking next file without Mouse not possible with right arrow key
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 11:19:44 AM »
Is this problem in the IPTC Info dialog or the IPTC Stationery Pad dialog?  Or somewhere else?  (If you don't mind, please name the UI element (button, menu item) that the shortcuts you're using map onto.)

I'm having trouble understanding you.

-Kirk

Offline info@ts-foto.de

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 10:23:34 PM »
Yahoo, my englisch..... Not the best one  :(.
The Problem is After the stationery Pad is closed an Data is written then you are back in the contactsheet View. Now you see the before selected pictures as selected (yellow frame). Now ist not possible to change to the next picture without the mouse.
Normaly you can mark the next picture with the arroe-right key

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 11:10:22 PM »
It sounds like the Contact Sheet tab has lost focus after the Apply IPTC Stationery Pad operation completes.

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 11:22:15 PM »
Ah, I think I see the problem. The initial selection has multiple images selected. With multiple images selected, the arrow keys indeed do not work to select next/previous. I understand why, but perhaps this can be altered so that the arrow keys move to the image before or after the first/last image in the selection. For a lot of people this may be desirable behaviour.

(Never knew that ctrl+alt+A applied the IPTC stationary, nice to know!)
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline info@ts-foto.de

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 02:06:40 AM »
ok, i found this out while Scrolling over the "Apply Stationery ts selected.
.. image before or after the first/last image in the selection. For a lot of people this may be desirable behaviour...

this function shoul be on the Keys "Page up" and "Page down"

The selection with the Arrow KEy and the Shift key, to select Pictures is alleready given. Try this. Mark a Picture, press shift Button and hold it, take the arrow key right. Nex Piture will be marked. Then press STRG(cntr)+I, take you changes, and now the arro key dont work anymore, thats the Problem. Ich hope you understnad now, :-)