Author Topic: Tag or set color code on transmit.  (Read 4052 times)

Offline Eric

• View Profile
Tag or set color code on transmit.
« on: December 17, 2014, 10:40:11 PM »
Is it possible to set a color code or some kind of 'tag' upon FTP? I know that there is a small color block that is displayed on the image to indicate transmission progress but that little block isn't permanent. What I'd like is to be able to have PM set a tag by changing the color code so that hours, days, weeks later I can open a folder and only see the transmitted files. I know that I can put a copy of the transmitted files in a subfolder but that doesn't really help when working in the main folder to know which images are sent and which aren't without bouncing back and forth between folders.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Tag or set color code on transmit.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 10:48:24 PM »
Eric,

Is it possible to set a color code or some kind of 'tag' upon FTP? I know that there is a small color block that is displayed on the image to indicate transmission progress but that little block isn't permanent. What I'd like is to be able to have PM set a tag by changing the color code so that hours, days, weeks later I can open a folder and only see the transmitted files. I know that I can put a copy of the transmitted files in a subfolder but that doesn't really help when working in the main folder to know which images are sent and which aren't without bouncing back and forth between folders.

No.  No uploader has the ability to write back to the original file.  This is by design due to the asynchronous nature of how uploads operate in the background, letting you continue to do work with your images.

-Kirk

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 03:40:02 PM »
Hi, Eric
I use a workaround...after I have uploaded the files, I assign them a different color class, like green or blue, just to be able to find/filter them later.
Just my two cents.
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 06:44:37 PM »
Yup I do that already. Unfortunately being human and in the heat of the moment I sometimes forget which then leaves me checking the website or FTP logs. Thanks Kirk... wishful thinking on my part.