Author Topic: Ingest sequential numbering reset  (Read 2420 times)

Offline ericbowles

• Newcomer
  • Professional Photographer
    • View Profile
    • Bowles Images
Ingest sequential numbering reset
« on: December 19, 2014, 03:07:13 AM »
With the most recent update to PM, I'm having an intermittent problem with sequential numbering in the rename images function.  I don't think it is user driven, but it seems to be related to some combination of steps.

My normal process is to use a card reader for ingest.  When I insert a CF card in my card reader connected to my Windows 8.1 laptop, PM launches if not already open and the Ingest dialog window opens.  The ingest dialog window sometimes is resetting the sequential count for file names - and sometimes not.  If it does not correctly set the sequential number, I have to manually set it to the correct number.

There may be a connection with using the renaming function and the sequential number - although I do not use that function often. 

I have never run into this issue with earlier versions.
Eric Bowles

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest sequential numbering reset
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 06:56:00 AM »
Eric,

The sequence number is global.  If you ingest and the number goes from 001 to 500 and then you use the Rename function and either reset it or let it advance, when you return to the Ingest dialog it will be the last value used by the Rename.

-Kirk

Offline ericbowles

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Bowles Images
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 12:55:13 PM »
Kirk

It has always been global in the past.  For some reason it is now resetting to 0 intermittently.  Any ideas on how I can fix the issue?  My workflow is exactly as it has been since Version 4.

Eric
Eric Bowles

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 02:02:09 PM »
Eric,

It has always been global in the past.  For some reason it is now resetting to 0 intermittently.  Any ideas on how I can fix the issue?  My workflow is exactly as it has been since Version 4.

Is PM shutting down normally?  What version of PM are you running?
What OS are you running it on?

-Kirk

Offline ericbowles

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Bowles Images
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 09:08:11 AM »
It appears to be shutting normally.  I'm running the latest version - 5.0.0 build 15800.  It was not a problem with version 4 in its various updates.  I'm running windows 8.1 - all up to date.  I've also tried an Update/Repair on the same version.

It seems there is a combination of rename or ingest steps that creates the problem - but I can't identify it yet.
Eric Bowles

Offline ericbowles

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Bowles Images
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 06:22:44 AM »
I'll see if the new build resolves this issue as well.
Eric Bowles