Author Topic: Navigator for Zoom  (Read 7224 times)

Offline Whistlingmike

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Navigator for Zoom
« on: December 21, 2014, 09:23:13 AM »
I understand Photo Mechanic offers a navigator to show folders and finder paths, but is there any way to add a "Navigator" the way it is used in Lightroom to help with moving around in zoom view within an image. With the incredible detail in 32 mb images, that is a lot of "pulling" your way around an image and a navigator to help with examining different parts of an image would be very helpful. Thanks for the consideration, Michael Lichter (mike@lichterphoto.com)

Offline JS

• View Profile
Re: Navigator for Zoom
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 03:41:49 PM »
Hi,

this feature has been requested a few times during the years, but the company always refused, since one has the command + right klick option.

-John

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 04:04:15 PM »
John,

Actually the zoom to mouse is done with Command-Click (the left button) on Mac OS X, and Ctrl-Click (still the left button) on Windows.

One can quickly zoom in and out of a photo with complete accuracy.

-Kirk

Offline Whistlingmike

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 10:53:26 PM »
I may not be fully understanding your reply. I do realize that from the contact sheet, I can change the cursor to a zoom icon and zoom exactly where I would like to view details, but is there a way to do this from the "Preview" screen as this is how I typically do my editing. My preference is to leave a strip on the bottom with thumbnails and have the selected image filling most of the screen. I can then toggle back and forth between images in this view and often zoom in to look at details. It is on this screen that I was wishing I had a controlled zoom feature where I could zoom in to the part of the image I am interested in seeing at 100%. Is this already a feature that I am not aware of, I apologize. If this is not possible, this is the feature that I was requesting.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 11:03:23 PM »
Mike,

While in the Preview window, if you see an area of an image that you want to see in greater detail, simply move your mouse cursor to that area and then hold down the Command key (on the Mac) or the Control key (on Windows) and press your left mouse button.  The area you clicked on will zoom in at your current zoom level (the slider in the Zoom controls).  Doing the same Command/Control click while zoomed in will return to the fit to screen view.

-Kirk

Offline JS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 03:20:26 PM »
John,

Actually the zoom to mouse is done with Command-Click (the left button) on Mac OS X, and Ctrl-Click (still the left button) on Windows.

One can quickly zoom in and out of a photo with complete accuracy.

-Kirk

Kirk,

sorry, I meant the left button. But anyhow, this feature functions very well, also in the preview window.

-John

Offline Whistlingmike

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 11:48:47 PM »
Excuse my ignorance here, but what if you are using an apple mouse that doesn't have a left or right click on it. How do you zoom in with a Mac?  Thanks, Michael

Offline JS

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 03:05:43 AM »
Hi Michael,

just try command + klick?

-John

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 10:33:39 AM »
Mike,

Excuse my ignorance here, but what if you are using an apple mouse that doesn't have a left or right click on it. How do you zoom in with a Mac?  Thanks, Michael

If you have a one button mouse, it is a left-mouse-button.  Command-click will work fine.

-Kirk