Author Topic: Return Key arrow keys in Stationary Pad - usable??  (Read 8471 times)

Offline Patrick McPartland

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Return Key arrow keys in Stationary Pad - usable??
« on: January 23, 2007, 11:37:06 AM »
 ???
I use my keyboard more than the mouse when I caption info. I tab from field to field and enter the info. Is there a way to select the arrows (next to the fields) and scroll to the info I want and is there a way to tab to the return key. Typing and then moving to the mouse to select the small arrows takes time. If this is not possible see if you can get into the next version. I think this would be a GREAT asset to sports shooters.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Return Key arrow keys in Stationary Pad - usable??
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 12:30:18 PM »
???
I use my keyboard more than the mouse when I caption info. I tab from field to field and enter the info. Is there a way to select the arrows (next to the fields) and scroll to the info I want and is there a way to tab to the return key. Typing and then moving to the mouse to select the small arrows takes time. If this is not possible see if you can get into the next version. I think this would be a GREAT asset to sports shooters.

If you hover your mouse pointer over each of the buttons, tooltips will appear and show you what the keyboard shortcuts are.  They're all there.

HTH,

-Kirk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 09:50:37 AM »
Sorry, it doesn't seem to work. I turned on "Show Tool Tips" opened the Stationary Pad and hovered the mouse over the black arrows and nothing appeared. I must be doing something wrong. The Code Field (next to the Country Field) does exactly what I am looking for. Maybe I didn't explain myself clearly enough. I'm a photog, not a writer.
Thanks for the response.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 10:37:08 AM »
Sorry, it doesn't seem to work. I turned on "Show Tool Tips" opened the Stationary Pad and hovered the mouse over the black arrows and nothing appeared. I must be doing something wrong. The Code Field (next to the Country Field) does exactly what I am looking for. Maybe I didn't explain myself clearly enough. I'm a photog, not a writer.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood you.  There is currently no way to tab onto the popup menus.  We used to have it do that but many users complained that they had to press the tab key multiple times to go to the next text field.  So we took the popups out of the tab order.

-Kirk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 10:39:37 AM »
Oops. I guess I missed the party, darn. OK I can understand the frustration. Thanks anyway.