Author Topic: Adjust Capture Dates und Times  (Read 1866 times)

Offline olidie

• View Profile
Adjust Capture Dates und Times
« on: January 01, 2015, 02:00:34 AM »
Hi,

I am struggeling with the following problem: I try set the modification date of a batch of pictures to a certain date. All of the pic are selected and then the wanted date is chosen in "Adjust Capture Dates and Times". What happens now is that the relative adjustment that is needed for the first picture that is shown, lets say 1 month 4 days, is used equally on all pictures. Since the modification dates are all different this behaviour is causing a complete mess in the resulting dates.

Am I understanding this function wrong? Isn't it possible to set a batch of pictures with different modification dates to a specific date?

Oliver

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Adjust Capture Dates und Times
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 12:42:57 PM »
Oliver,

All adjustments in a batch of photos are done with relative time modifications.  If you truly need to set an absolute time for a set of photos, you'll have to adjust them individually.

-Kirk

Offline olidie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 12:52:19 PM »
Thank you, Kirk.

I tried ExifTool GUI but it works just like PM with one relative adjustment to all picture. At least I didn't find out how to do otherwise. Finally I solved my problem with Windows Explorer which let me set one date to all pictures. Problem solved

btw Happy New Year!

Oliver

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 03:34:43 PM »
Happy New Year to you too, Oliver!

I'm glad you found a solution to your problem.

-Kirk

Offline mzachs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • MagicalPhotos.com
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 09:19:43 PM »
Here is a solution from within PM.

Select/highlight all the pictures you want the date changed to. Then open your ITPC Stationary pad( command I for the mac), then in that window go to the "date" , click that box at left, then to the right select "date" and set the date you want, then at bottom of ITPC Stationary Pad click on button "apply stationary to selected."

Done and the ITPC of selected picture(s) is set to the desired date.

See attached

So other ITPC info is not changed or deleted make sure you uncheck all the boxes of ITPC Stationary Pad. If you do not want any other changes to your ITPC then the easy way is you can click on "clear" at bottom left of Stationary Pad so all boxes are unchecked. Do this before the above steps.

Food for thought

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 09:36:06 PM by mzachs »
Hope this helps,

Mitchell Zachs
http://www.MagicalPhotos.com/
MAC OS 10.12.2, on a MacBook Pro Retina 2.33 Ghz Intel Core i7