Author Topic: Error(s) during copy/move operation  (Read 5370 times)

Offline DaveRe

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Error(s) during copy/move operation
« on: January 09, 2015, 02:04:34 PM »

I'm running v5.0 build 15809 on Mac OS 10.10.1. I'm getting the "There were error(s) during the copy/move operation" any time I try to copy, move, or ingest to a network drive. I'm using variable replacement to name the destination directory, and Photo Mechanic creates the directory successfully, but won't copy any files into it. I can copy the files fine using Finder.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Dave

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Error(s) during copy/move operation
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 04:32:39 PM »
Dave,

I'm running v5.0 build 15809 on Mac OS 10.10.1. I'm getting the "There were error(s) during the copy/move operation" any time I try to copy, move, or ingest to a network drive. I'm using variable replacement to name the destination directory, and Photo Mechanic creates the directory successfully, but won't copy any files into it. I can copy the files fine using Finder.

Use the Finder to Get Info on the destination directory and the directory that was created by Photo Mechanic.  Look at the ownership and permissions.  Do they seem like PM should be able to create files/folders there?

-Kirk

Offline DaveRe

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 04:56:44 PM »
Yeah, Kirk, it appears that it should be able to. I have Read/Write to the directory. On top of that, PM should have the same permissions that I have in Finder, should it not? If I can copy the files there via Finder, shouldn't PM be able to do it, as well?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 07:17:47 PM »
Yeah, Kirk, it appears that it should be able to. I have Read/Write to the directory. On top of that, PM should have the same permissions that I have in Finder, should it not? If I can copy the files there via Finder, shouldn't PM be able to do it, as well?

PM should have the same privileges as the user account that it is run under.

-Kirk

Offline DaveRe

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 12:43:42 PM »

Kirk, is there another way to troubleshoot the situation? I obviously have permissions to write to the resulting directory (both from looking at the permissions assigned to the directory, and because I can simply copy the files to it in Finder after Photo Mechanic errors out).

Thanks!

Dave

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 12:52:52 PM »
Dave,

Kirk, is there another way to troubleshoot the situation? I obviously have permissions to write to the resulting directory (both from looking at the permissions assigned to the directory, and because I can simply copy the files to it in Finder after Photo Mechanic errors out).

We're trying to reproduce the problem here.  I don't have any suggestions or workarounds for you at this time that wouldn't be better than copying/moving your files outside of PM for now (which you've already done and found to work.)

-Kirk

Offline DaveRe

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 12:55:20 PM »

Ok, thanks. If it helps with the reproduction, the shared volume is managed under Mac OS Mountain Lion Server, and permissions are through a server ACL. Several accounts have read/write access, including the admin account on the server. The problem happens regardless of which account I connect as.