Author Topic: Caption insertion point  (Read 2511 times)

Offline KenGMac

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Caption insertion point
« on: January 09, 2015, 04:44:17 AM »
I am running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 15800 (e6ecc1c) on Mac OS X 10.9.5 on my 13-inch MacBook Air 1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7.

I am looking for advice please on the following problem I have encountered.

After ingesting my images which already have the added Metadata/IPTC information, I want to have my insertion point for the caption on a new line below the already added Metadata within the Description/Caption box. The way I have my system set up, the insertion point is automatically re-inserted at the beginning of the text. I then have to click within the box below the text to begin writing the brief player and action information relative to that image only.

I have attached an image so you may see where my problem lies.

Hope you can help. I need every second at soccer games half-time breaks!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Caption insertion point
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 11:52:16 AM »
Command-down_arrow should put your cursor at the end of the text.

-Kirk

Offline KenGMac

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Caption insertion point
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 08:56:32 AM »
Thanks Kirk. That is what I used to do, but find clicking below the text is slightly faster.
I asked the question as I'd hoped there might be a much better solution hidden somewhere within preferences. Basically, when I write my original Metadata, I save it with the cursor flashing below the caption, but within the PM software there must be something which positions the insertion point back at the beginning!