Author Topic: PM 5 Build 16268 (bcdb10d) install error  (Read 5342 times)

Offline Warren B

• View Profile
PM 5 Build 16268 (bcdb10d) install error
« on: January 29, 2015, 05:30:15 PM »
Hi Kirk,

I uninstalled the previous PM build then installed the latest PM build 16268 (bcdb10d) released today. Half way through the install an error message popped up that says: "The following error occurred on the file 'C:\Windows\system32\msvcrt.dll'. Access is denied (0x5), but I let it install anyway. So far PM is working but who knows when a problem might occur because of this anomaly. What to do...

Warren

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 5 Build 16268 (bcdb10d) install error
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 05:58:47 PM »
Warren,

If that DLL didn't exist, then PM wouldn't be able to start up at all.  You should be fine.

Can I ask why you uninstalled first?  Instead of using the Repair/Upgrade option?

-Kirk
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 06:20:16 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline Warren B

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 09:28:46 PM »
Warren,

If that DLL didn't exist, then PM wouldn't be able to start up at all.  You should be fine.

Can I ask why you uninstalled first?  Instead of using the Repair/Upgrade option?

-Kirk

Hi Kirk,

I thought I read in the PM forums some time back that it was better to uninstall an earlier build first before installing a new one [build]. Guess my mind was playing tricks on me this time but at least I learned something from it.

Many thanks,

Warren

Offline saklotz

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 12:30:04 AM »
I received the same error as Warren B, but I used the Repair/Upgrade option to do the install.  I aborted the install when I received the error, since I need Photo Mechanic to work for me over the next two weeks. In other words, I can go on using the previous build. I would like to hear from Camera Bits, if this error can be ignored without any detriment to Photo Mechanic's proper functionality before I update to the newest version.

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 06:01:09 AM »
I received the same error as Warren B, but I used the Repair/Upgrade option to do the install.  I aborted the install when I received the error, since I need Photo Mechanic to work for me over the next two weeks. In other words, I can go on using the previous build. I would like to hear from Camera Bits, if this error can be ignored without any detriment to Photo Mechanic's proper functionality before I update to the newest version.

It's hard to say.  Until we can get the problem to happen here and see what happens for ourselves when one proceeds past the warning we cannot give you a definitive answer.  Based on Warren's experience, I expect it will work out fine.

-Kirk

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 06:11:15 AM »
Hi,
FYI, no install error with Mac 10.9.5. Working perfectly.
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline judophotos

• View Profile
    • Judophotos
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 06:31:13 AM »
Installed okay when I updated on Win7 64bit.
David