Author Topic: Saving XMP Templates - What has changed ?  (Read 22581 times)

Offline fabianlujan

• sports photographer
    • View Profile
Re: Saving XMP Templates - What has changed ?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 05:26:44 AM »
Same behaviour.
Just replaced the PM_Metadata suggested with another name; the dropdown file type below said XMP. Click save.
In my IPTC folder I found the new metadata file, with new name but without extension. File type is "File".
The other metadata files created in previous versions of PM are "XMP File".
Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 06:59:58 AM »
Same behaviour.
Just replaced the PM_Metadata suggested with another name; the dropdown file type below said XMP. Click save.
In my IPTC folder I found the new metadata file, with new name but without extension. File type is "File".
Thanks!

This problem will be addressed in the next build.  In the meantime, make sure you have .XMP on the end of your file name before you click OK/Save.

-Kirk

Offline fabianlujan

• sports photographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2015, 11:50:45 AM »
Same behaviour.
Thanks!

This problem will be addressed in the next build.  In the meantime, make sure you have .XMP on the end of your file name before you click OK/Save.

-Kirk

Thanks Kirk!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2015, 01:35:25 PM »
This problem has been fixed in build 16299: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=9645.0

-Kirk

Offline Grumply

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2015, 10:58:00 AM »
Installed and working fine  !!!

Thanks

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2015, 09:57:01 PM »
I started experiencing the very same file name extention issue on OSX 10.9.5 with the latest build 16299. As I see the release note 16299 changed this behaviour only for Win not for OSX.

I looked into my library where I save my general caption files and it shows before February 15, 2015 all of my saved caption files have the .xmp extention (some of them upper case, some of them lower case). But I cannot recall ever to consciously adding the extention myself to the filename or avoiding to overwrite it in the filename text box. As I remember I always have been completely overwriting the filename to add my identifiable filename structure (date and event name).
Since that date that seems to be the same time when I upgraded to PM release 16299 none of the caption files have any extention (I added the extention later manually to some to be able to load them back into PM when I needed to reuse them since then).

Now this investigation and reading this thread helped me to discover why PM doesn't automatically add the extention and how to avoid it next time. However I would welcome the above mentioned fix for OSX as well.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com