Author Topic: Thumbnail Label font size  (Read 2827 times)

Offline tom m

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Thumbnail Label font size
« on: January 30, 2015, 06:32:05 PM »
Using a PC with Win XP Pro

On my contact sheet thumbnails I use four lines of labels - that is "Name +3 Labels"

Problem is once the data is displayed beneath each thumbnail, the font is difficult to read especially when an original file name is something like 23T2583 for example.  After several hours of editing, it's a real eye strain to make out the names. Not sure what the current font is but might be something like Times Roman with serifs.  I want to use a simpler font and a bit larger in point size.

In control panel, I looked at and tried "Display Properties/Appearance/Advanced/Item ...but none of the Item options seem to affect the font/size of the Labels.

There must be a way to change & enlarge the font, even if it means drilling down.

Thanks for any help.  Tom

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Thumbnail Label font size
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 07:48:23 PM »
Tom,

Using a PC with Win XP Pro

On my contact sheet thumbnails I use four lines of labels - that is "Name +3 Labels"

Problem is once the data is displayed beneath each thumbnail, the font is difficult to read especially when an original file name is something like 23T2583 for example.  After several hours of editing, it's a real eye strain to make out the names. Not sure what the current font is but might be something like Times Roman with serifs.  I want to use a simpler font and a bit larger in point size.

In control panel, I looked at and tried "Display Properties/Appearance/Advanced/Item ...but none of the Item options seem to affect the font/size of the Labels.

There must be a way to change & enlarge the font, even if it means drilling down.

There is no way to customize the font used in Photo Mechanic for its thumbnail labels.

-Kirk

Offline tom m

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Thumbnail Label font size
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 10:20:04 AM »
Well guess what? :)  Actually there is. I discovered the font and size can be changed as a system setting in Display Properties/Appearance/Advanced/Item/Active Window/Menu/Font/Size   Once in there, just select the font and size you want.  That's it!  8)