Author Topic: build 16268 (bcdb10d): hide hidden/system folders not sticky between sessions  (Read 3383 times)

Offline Cyrano

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Running PM v5, build 16268 (bcdb10d) under Windows 8.1:

Every time I open the app, the Navigator folder tree at the left of the screen shows hidden folders and system folders. I can disable this behavior by right-clicking and deselecting these Preferences, but this works only for the session in progress -- the choice is lost when I exit the app.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Running PM v5, build 16268 (bcdb10d) under Windows 8.1:

Every time I open the app, the Navigator folder tree at the left of the screen shows hidden folders and system folders. I can disable this behavior by right-clicking and deselecting these Preferences, but this works only for the session in progress -- the choice is lost when I exit the app.

Are you able to change any settings in the Preferences dialog and have them stick?

-Kirk

Offline Cyrano

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Kirk,

All my Preferences set through the multi-tab Preferences dialog box (Edit - Preferences, from the main menu) appear to be working OK and are sticky.

However, I can't find the settings in question (to show/hide hidden/system folders) anywhere in the main Preferences dialog box. I find them only as options when I right-click on the Navigator tree -- and in this case, they are the only Preferences offered.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Kirk,

All my Preferences set through the multi-tab Preferences dialog box (Edit - Preferences, from the main menu) appear to be working OK and are sticky.

However, I can't find the settings in question (to show/hide hidden/system folders) anywhere in the main Preferences dialog box. I find them only as options when I right-click on the Navigator tree -- and in this case, they are the only Preferences offered.

They're saved in the same location as all of the settings in the Preferences dialog.  Try setting them the way you like them, and then go into the Preferences dialog and make any change and then OK/Save your Preferences.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Cyrano

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
They're saved in the same location as all of the settings in the Preferences dialog.  Try setting them the way you like them, and then go into the Preferences dialog and make any change and then OK/Save your Preferences.

HTH,

-Kirk

Kirk,

I tried your suggestion. The parameters I changed in the Preferences dialog box were saved and applied in a new session, but my choices for hidden/system folders were lost.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
OK, I'll try to reproduce the problem on my system and see what I can find.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
This problem is fixed in build 16299: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=9645.0

-Kirk