Author Topic: Codereplacement and watermarks  (Read 9027 times)

Offline Juels

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Codereplacement and watermarks
« on: February 16, 2015, 12:21:34 PM »
I want to use the watermark feature to make a photocertificate for competitors at a triathlon.

I have created the CR file and all data is being loaded well but it appears that there is a limitation on how many characters that can be used for the watermark.

Ideally I would like the following text to appear:

{event}, {date}
{Name}
{keywords} (keywords are: swim mm:ss, cycling mm:ss, run mm:ss, total time: hh:mm:ss)

Has anyone experience with this?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Codereplacement and watermarks
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 02:44:19 PM »
I want to use the watermark feature to make a photocertificate for competitors at a triathlon.

I have created the CR file and all data is being loaded well but it appears that there is a limitation on how many characters that can be used for the watermark.

Ideally I would like the following text to appear:

{event}, {date}
{Name}
{keywords} (keywords are: swim mm:ss, cycling mm:ss, run mm:ss, total time: hh:mm:ss)

Has anyone experience with this?

No.  What kind of result are you getting?

-Kirk

Offline Juels

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 05:34:32 PM »
Hi Kirk. When adding more text I get no characters printed on the photo. As soon as I add more lines with both cr or plain text, nothing is being transferred to the photo. Could there be an restriction to the number of characters that can be used?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 08:10:17 PM »
Hi Kirk. When adding more text I get no characters printed on the photo. As soon as I add more lines with both cr or plain text, nothing is being transferred to the photo. Could there be an restriction to the number of characters that can be used?

The watermarking system adjusts the font size until the text fits the desired area.  If the font gets too small (I'll have to look at the code to see what the minimum size is though I think it lets it get somewhat smaller than 8 points) and the text still doesn't fit, then no text is drawn at all.

Please post a screen shot (in JPEG format) of your watermarking settings.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk