Author Topic: Missing XMP files  (Read 1768 times)

Offline BrendanRead

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Missing XMP files
« on: February 04, 2015, 06:40:02 PM »
Hi there,

Lately I have been having issues with 'losing' adjustments made to RAW files. For example just now I just made adjustments to 65 Canon 1DX Raw files, clicked Done. Bridge refreshed and show my changes to the 65 images. From here I normally batch process into jpgs however I needed to add and adjust some metadata.

So I went into PM to adjust the Meta data on the files. I went back to Bridge - it refreshed the images. BUT all the adjustments had been stripped of my adjustments. When checked in Adobe camera raw all settings were on zero or 'unadjusted'. This loss of adjustments has happened a few times before and it seems to happen when going from Bridge to PM and back again.

This is a process I have been doing for years so I'm not sure if its a Mac/PM update issue.

I am running Photo Mechanic version 5.0, build 16268 (bcdb10d) and I run Mac OS X 10.7.5 on my 2 x 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Mac.
Bridge is CC 6.1.0.115

Thanks Brendan

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Missing XMP files
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 07:42:36 PM »
Brendan,

Lately I have been having issues with 'losing' adjustments made to RAW files. For example just now I just made adjustments to 65 Canon 1DX Raw files, clicked Done. Bridge refreshed and show my changes to the 65 images. From here I normally batch process into jpgs however I needed to add and adjust some metadata.

So I went into PM to adjust the Meta data on the files. I went back to Bridge - it refreshed the images. BUT all the adjustments had been stripped of my adjustments. When checked in Adobe camera raw all settings were on zero or 'unadjusted'. This loss of adjustments has happened a few times before and it seems to happen when going from Bridge to PM and back again.

This is a process I have been doing for years so I'm not sure if its a Mac/PM update issue.

I am running Photo Mechanic version 5.0, build 16268 (bcdb10d) and I run Mac OS X 10.7.5 on my 2 x 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Mac.
Bridge is CC 6.1.0.115

Do you have a set of steps that can be followed that always reproduce the problem?  Or before and after versions of the XMP sidecar files?

-Kirk

Offline mzachs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • MagicalPhotos.com
Re: Missing XMP files
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 08:57:04 PM »
Hi , Is it possible that you are changing to color code/class of that picture(s) before yo try to reopen it. I have found that changing a color class /code of that picture(s) before reopening causes the setting of that picture to be lost.

Here is what happened to me. See: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=9695.0
Hope this helps,

Mitchell Zachs
http://www.MagicalPhotos.com/
MAC OS 10.12.2, on a MacBook Pro Retina 2.33 Ghz Intel Core i7