Author Topic: Request: Upload to SmugMug  (Read 13168 times)

Offline theim

• View Profile
Re: Request: Upload to SmugMug
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 08:27:17 AM »
Tom,

Is pbase anywhere on the horizon?

I don't think it has been requested.  Do they have an API for uploaders?

-Kirk

I don't believe it's a standard api.  They have their own upload screen.  I don't know how to embed image files in this forum, so I'll email you a screen image.

Thanks,
Tom

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2007, 08:45:49 AM »
Tom,

Is pbase anywhere on the horizon?

I don't think it has been requested.  Do they have an API for uploaders?

I don't believe it's a standard api.  They have their own upload screen.  I don't know how to embed image files in this forum, so I'll email you a screen image.

When you compose your message, you'll see a link just below the text editor box titled "Additional Options..." click on it and then click on the "Choose File" button.  That's how you add an image to a post.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline theim

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2007, 10:44:28 AM »

When you compose your message, you'll see a link just below the text editor box titled "Additional Options..." click on it and then click on the "Choose File" button.  That's how you add an image to a post.

HTH,

-Kirk

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2007, 12:14:55 PM »

That looks like a simple HTTP upload.  How do you choose where your photos go/organize them?  Systems like PhotoShelter allow you to choose destination albums and galleries which are very effective.

-Kirk

Offline theim

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 12:43:05 PM »

That looks like a simple HTTP upload.  How do you choose where your photos go/organize them?  Systems like PhotoShelter allow you to choose destination albums and galleries which are very effective.

-Kirk

You first navigate to the gallery, then edit the gallery, then the upload button appears.  If a new gallery, you must first create the gallery at pbase, then navigate to it and do the same.  It works ok, but to upload more than one image at a time, you first have to create an archive (.zip or .tar) of all the photos you want to upload.

Thanks for considering.
Tom

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 01:23:32 PM »
Tom,

You first navigate to the gallery, then edit the gallery, then the upload button appears.  If a new gallery, you must first create the gallery at pbase, then navigate to it and do the same.  It works ok, but to upload more than one image at a time, you first have to create an archive (.zip or .tar) of all the photos you want to upload.

Thanks for considering.

Maybe you could contact the people who run the pbase site and see if they have an API for third party developers?

-Kirk

Offline rsprouse

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2007, 02:58:50 PM »
I'd like to add my name to the list of PM customers who would like to see you add an upload function to SmugMug.

Thanks.

-- Russ 

Offline jagab02

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2007, 09:09:00 AM »
its been a while now.  I would also like an uploader to exposuremanager and smugmug