We have a new updated build that solves a number of issues present in the 16268 build and adds some new features. Please see below for release notes.
Version 5.0 Build 16299
• PM will default to the system’s GMT delta for photos if your PMDebug.txt file has the symbol “ALWAYS_WRITE_TIME_ZONE” turned ON; otherwise PM will only write a GMT delta if the world time data can be found in the Exif maker note (for Nikon and Canon only). To add this flag, create a plain text file named PMDebug.txt in Photo Mechanic’s preferences folder and put the flag followed by a space and ON to turn on the feature.
• Added improved support for Canon EOS 5DS and 5DS R.
• Updated the Browse with Photo Mechanic service with use of modern APIs and now the service is code-signed.
• Fixed a problem in the installer where it would get a access denied error while trying to install a shared 64-bit DLL.
• The 5-Star Ratings Filter widget now draws the numbers and stars in a better contrasting color when running with the dark user interface.
• When saving files with restricted file name extensions (e.g. .XMP) the extension is added if it is missing.
• Fixed a problem that would occur when thumbnail labels barely needed to be truncated which would result in that label appearing blank.
• System/Hidden folders Navigator preferences now saved/loaded consistently.