Author Topic: ingest only tagged  (Read 5648 times)

Offline Lars

• View Profile
    • DESGphoto / elementalSPORTS
Re: ingest only tagged
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 11:49:59 pm »
I know that is an annoying question: but when is the next major release planned to be published?

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 03:16:29 am »
Lars,

I'm sorry, but I'm not really sure if I understood you right. What do you mean with "modify them all"? How the selection process can be done (without modifying the files on the card)? The only way I know to select it to tag, to star rate or to color an image. So how can it be done to ingest from a selection?

It is a feature that has not yet been implemented, but has been requested before.  There will be a new menu item "Ingest from Selection" which will use the familiar Ingest dialog, but there will be a third source choice "Selected Items" which will use the front most Contact Sheet tab's selected items as the list of items to be ingested.

If we're going to make a solution to this problem, it will be one that does not require writing to the card or having some sort of 'shadow file' keeping the edits.

-Kirk

Hi, Kirk
That would be really great!
I sometimes have to ingest hundreds of photos of birds to select just a few...
Hope this to be implemented soon.
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2015, 08:02:50 am »
I know that is an annoying question: but when is the next major release planned to be published?

We don't announce projected release dates.  There will be a beta in advance of its release and you can be sure that a final release will follow shortly thereafter.

-Kirk

Offline pablo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2015, 01:06:42 pm »
Ok, thank you very much, that was what I meant. I look forward to future versions. Thank You

Offline doug86

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2017, 02:10:22 pm »
Has this been implemented yet? This is a very normal feature of Lightroom, and I don't understand why PM can't do this.

What I do, almost every time I use LR to import photos from a CF card to my harddrive, is rename them as they move. I often have days worth of work that I import at that session, but I need to rename photos using a place, so if I'm using PM as "ingest" (instead of import), I want to only ingest some of the photos on the CF card.

I have used the 'copy selected' feature of PM, but that takes just as long as LR, and the reason I want to use PM is that it ingests so quickly. But when copying, it's very slow.

Please, someone tell me I didn't waste my $$ on PM because it can't do a selective ingest, as Lightroom has done for years.

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2017, 07:11:52 pm »
Has this been implemented yet? This is a very normal feature of Lightroom, and I don't understand why PM can't do this.

What I do, almost every time I use LR to import photos from a CF card to my harddrive, is rename them as they move. I often have days worth of work that I import at that session, but I need to rename photos using a place, so if I'm using PM as "ingest" (instead of import), I want to only ingest some of the photos on the CF card.

I have used the 'copy selected' feature of PM, but that takes just as long as LR, and the reason I want to use PM is that it ingests so quickly. But when copying, it's very slow.

Please, someone tell me I didn't waste my $$ on PM because it can't do a selective ingest, as Lightroom has done for years.

Ingest already offers a feature to copy locked photos only.  When you tag a photo in your camera, it actually locks (write protects) the photo.  PM's Ingest can download only the locked photos and has offered this feature for years.  If you need to selectively ingest with other criteria besides the 'locked status' then you'll have to either browse the card and make your selections and the copy the selected photos, or wait for Ingest from Selection in PM 6.

-Kirk
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 07:20:50 pm by Kirk Baker »

Offline doug86

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2017, 06:14:57 am »
wait for Ingest from Selection in PM 6.

That's a long wait for the $150 I spent to buy PM....